QUOTE NUMBER : QUOTE
- 288 : That's when my drinking problem started...(Splash!)
- 1113 : He's coming right at us!
- 1771 : The shit's really gonna hit the fan!
- 2162 : The tower! The tower! Rapunzel! Rapunzel!
- 2277 : (Striker): Surely, you can't be serious. (Dr. Rumack): I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.
- 2462 : Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
- 2463 : What a pisser!
- 2601 : Excuse me stewerdess, I speak Jive.
- 2644 : #1: This fog is getting thicker #2: And Leon is getting laaaaarrrger!
- 2662 : joey, do you like movies about gladiators?
- 2682 : #1: Nervous? #2: Yes. #1: First time? #2: No, I've been nervous lots of times
- 2733 : Flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.
- 3788 : Would you like some cream for your coffee? No thanks, I take it black, like my men.
- 3981 : You ever seen a groan man naked
- 4336 : You ever been down. In the mud. And kicked. In the Head. With an Iron Boot. Of course you haven't. No one has. It's a stupid question.
- 4401 : I take my coffee black, like my men.
- 4789 : she's starting to shake....she's starting to shimmy....
- 5506 : #1 There's trouble in the cockpit. #2 What is it? #1 It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot flys the plane, but thats not important right now.
- 6614 : 1. Surely you can't be serious. 2. I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.
- 6744 : Why the Hell aren't I notified of these things?
- 6745 : Why the Hell aren't I notified of these things?
- 6947 : Get that finger out of your ear!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE THAT FINGERS BEEN!!!
- 7676 : I'll never forget that day over macho grande. #2 Over Macho Grande sir?.. #1 NO i don't think i'll ever get over macho grande.
- 8314 : "Sir, don't you think we should turn on the runway lights?" "No, that's just what there expecting us to do!"
- 8315 : "Sir, don't you think we should turn on the runway lights?" "No, that's just what there expecting us to do!"
- 8316 : "Sir, don't you think we should turn on the runway lights?" "No, that's just what there expecting us to do!"
- 8317 : "Sir, don't you think we should turn on the runway lights?" "No, that's just what there expecting us to do!"
- 8318 : "Sir, don't you think we should turn on the runway lights?" "No, that's just what there expecting us to do!"
- 8319 : "Sir, don't you think we should turn on the runway lights?" "No, that's just what they're excpecting us to do!"
- 9140 : I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
- 9811 : All right boys, let's get some pictures.
- 10572 : Excuse me stewardess, I speak jive.
- 10737 : We have to get these people to a hospital.
A hospital! What is it?
It's a big building with patients. But that's not important right now.
- 10840 : Listen Betty, don't start up with your white zone shit again!
- 11404 : #1 You can't expect me to fly this! It's a whole different thing altogether! #2 (Everybody) It's a whole different thing
- 11648 : 1-Surely, I don't know! 2-Don't call me Shirley!
- 11830 : What country do you think this is?
- 11833 : El you no a smoko
- 11846 : The hell I don't! Look, I'm out there bustin' my butt every night. You tell your old man to try dragging Walton and Lanier up and down the court.
- 12218 : Oh, but your watch, but you shouldn't. You're gonna need this!a
- 12536 : Get that finger out of your ear. You don't know where that fingers been.
- 13285 : Jive Ass, ain't got no brains, anyhow!
- 13286 : A) What did we have for dinner? B) We had a choice: Fish or Steak... A) Ahhh, yes, I remember now...I had lasagne...
- 13489 : it's a big pretty white plane with red stripes, curtains in the window and wheels. It looks like a big tylenol.
- 13891 : 1)Shirley you can't be serious? 2)I'm always serious and don't call me Shirley
- 16322 : They bought their tickets. They knew what they were getting into. I say...Let 'em crash!!
- 17098 : Well, let's see...it could be a HAT, A BROCHE, A PTERODACTYL!
- 17930 : We got clearance, Clarence.
- 17931 : What's our vector, Victor?
- 17932 : What's our vector, Victor?
- 18470 : A) Rain B) And a little ice A) And a little ice
- 22166 : (1) Nevous? (2) Yes (1) First Time? (2) No, I've been nervous before
- 22333 : Flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.
- 22419 : (1) You ever been in a cockpit before? (2) No sir, I've never been up in a plane before.
- 22539 : (1) I have a emergency call for you on line five, from a Mr. Hamm. (2) Alright, give me Hamm on five, hold the mayo.
- 22540 : (1) You got a telegram from headquarters today (2) Hedquarters.........What is it? (1) Well, it's a big building where generals meet, but that's not important right now.
- 22541 : (1) There's been a little problem in the cockpit, and I was . . . (2) The cockpit.....what is it? (1) It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilots sit, but that's not important right now.
- 22542 : (1) You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.(2) A hospital--what is it? (1) It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.
- 22543 : (1) I want the best available man on this. A man who knows that plane inside and out. And, won't crack under pressure. (2) How 'bout Mr. Rogers?
- 22544 : (1) ******, you're a member of this crew. Can you face some unpleasant facts? (2) No.
- 24641 : What do you make of it? ... Well... I can make a hat. I can make a broach. I can make a pteradactal.
Airplane! is a 1980 Golden Globe awardee for Best Motion Movie. This $80 million box-office American satirical comedy flick is believed to be a remake of 1957 “Zero Hour”. This multi-awarded movie was written by Jerry Zucker, Jim Abrahams and David Zucker under the direction of John Landis.
The movie unfolds as traumatized ex-fighter pilot Ted Striker (Robert Hays) tries to woe stewardess Elaine (Julie Hagerty). He bought a ticket from Los Angeles to Chicago despite his fear to regain his lover. Unfortunately, he was turned down.
The plot thickens upon the discovery of food poisoning in one of the meal option. Most of the passenger fell ill after dinner including the pilots Captain Oveur (Peter Graves) and Roger Murdock (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar). Steve McCroskey (Lloyd Bridges), Chicago control tower supervisor instructed Elaine to activate “Otto”, a large blow-up doll to activate auto-pilot mode. But it has it’s limitation it cannot land the plane.
Elaine convinced Striker to fly the plane despite his hesitation in safely landing the plane. Rex Kramer (Robert Stack), Striker’s former commander aided him with the task. Striker neglected to check the oil temperature that was damage the engine. The visibility of bad thunderstorm made the situation even complicated.
Striker was able to land the plane safely with only minor injuries inflicted on some of the passenger with Kramer’s consistent advices. The scene ends as Otto takes off the evacuated plane with a female autopilot doll as Elaine and Striker kiss.
Users must be logged into the site in order to track their stats and access their Registered Quoters Options.