QUOTE NUMBER : Jaws Movie Quote
- 256 : I can do anything, I'm the chief of police
- 500 : We're gonna need a bigger boat
- 524 : Here lies the body of Mary Lee. Died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her viginity, not a bad record for this vicinity
- 1172 : Smile you son-of-a bitch!
- 1710 : Show me the way to go home, I'm tired and I wanna go to bed, I had a little drink about an hour ago and it's gettin right to my head, where ever I may rome by land, by sea, by home you'll never hear me singing this song show me the way to go home.
- 1862 : Can we go home now?
- 1863 : A what ????
- 2324 : There are no major organs remaining.
- 2390 : Do not smoke in here. Thank you very much.
- 2423 : ...we need summer dollars!
- 2522 : I'm familiar with the fact that you are going to ignore this particular problem until it swims up and bites you in the ass.
- 2626 : What are ya, some kind of half-ass astronaut?
- 2727 : Where do we have the beach closed signs?
- 3007 : So Chief, I see ya got your rubbers.
- 3205 : This wasn't a boat accident!
- 3392 : We've got a panic on our hands on thr 4th of July.
- 5054 : smile you son of a bitch
- 5550 : You know those guys in the fantail launch? Well, none of them will get out of the harbor alive.
- 5551 : You know those guys in the fantail launch? Well, none of them will get out of the harbor alive.
- 5553 : Ya know those guys in the fantail launch? Well, none of them are gonna get out of the harbor alive!
- 5861 : ...Wait lets me guess. Mother(laughing.
- 6684 : Michael!!! DID YOU HEAR YOUR FATHER, OUT OF THE WATER NOW!!!!
- 8122 : here's to swimming with bow-legged women
- 8867 : Front; BOW! Back; STERN! Screw it up and I'll throw your ass out the little window in the side!
- 10987 : You're gonna need a bigger boat.
- 11708 : 1)You rich?......2)Yeah.
- 12479 : Oooohhh boys! I think she's come back for her noon feeding.
- 17945 : We need a bigger boat!
- 17946 : We need a bigger boat!
- 18547 : we need a bigger boat!
- 19110 : were going to need a bigger boat
- 24359 : next time you ask me which rope to pull
Directed by the legend Steven Spielberg and written by Peter Benchley, "Jaws" is a stunning, still terrifying movie which was a big summer blockbuster, becoming the first ever film to gross $100 million at the US box office. The plot of the movie portrays the terror of surprise attacks by a great white shark during the beach season at the Massachusetts resort town of Amity Island and the way three unlikely partners team up to hunt down the menace and destroy it.
The film comes is a result of brilliant direction and state-of-the-art special effects which can even be compared to the standards of movies that are made today. The beauty of the film lies in the fact that what is unknown, is brilliantly woven throughout the movie and it keeps the audience guessing until the end. The story remains tense by not showing audiences the shark for the majority of the film, and when it does, viewers literally jump out of their seats.
The cast of the film have given classic performances. Roy Scheider looks wonderful as New York cop Martin Brody, who has relocated to a small coastal island town, only to have his bad case of "aquaphobia" put to the ultimate test. Lorraine Gary does an excellent job of being the concerned wife and mother. Murray Hamilton indeed has given one of the best performances of his career as Mayor Vaughn, who seems to act like a villain by showing his non concern towards human life. Richard Dreyfuss is presented as a shark expert, and he brings few comic moments amid the terror of the man eater fish. Jaws received an Academy Award Nomination for Best Picture and a winner of Oscars for film editing (Verna Fields) and music score (John Williams).
Everything in the movie works very well. The acting, the dialogue, the tension, the typical Spielberg humor, the music, everything. It's hard to guess just one thing that makes this movie such a masterpiece, it actually is the mix of everything combined that makes the movie work. One of the noticable things about the movie is the dialogues, they are very raw and performed very well by the perfect cast with commercial bbq smokers keeping the actors fed and ready to act. .
Jaws is not excessively violent or gruesome like various horror films, but it manages to create an icy frost in every viewer's veins. Truly a classic, Jaws had set a standard by which all other thriller adventure movies were compared, simply because it very profoundly changed the way movies were being made and marketed.
Click here for the movie review of Jaws. The end of the movie has the captain getting eaten up by Jaws and not needing a foot reflexology chart to survive! A great classic scene where Spielberg was actually absent this day of shooting.
Users must be logged into the site in order to track their stats and access their Registered Quoters Options.