QUOTE NUMBER : 16 Candles Movie Quotes
- 46 : What's a happenin' hot stuff?
- 318 : Hiya, Hot Stuff
- 654 : no more yanky my wanky
- 1818 : Would it be possible for you to tell me if there is a Samantha Baker there and if so Sir may I converse wtih her briefly?
- 1819 : Now you listen to me, Mister. God did not put me on this Earth to be awakened by filthy suggestions from a foul-mouthed hooligan like you. And as gor our Granddaughter, I am sure she has more than enough sense to steer clear of the likes of you. Now good night and good bye!
- 2040 : Jake? I thought his name was Rudy?!
- 2829 : 1-This is Farmer Fred. 2-Ted 1-Oh, I'm sorry, Farmer Ted. 2-I'm not really a farmer, I'm a freshman.
- 2838 : I've never bagged a babe. I'm not a stud.
- 2839 : I've never bagged a babe. I'm not a stud.
- 2840 : I've never bagged a babe. I'm not a stud.
- 2841 : I've never bagged a babe. I'm not a stud.
- 3117 : OOOHH Sexy Girlfriend!!!
- 3212 : I loathe the bus. There must be a more dignified mode of transportation.
- 3408 : It's really human of you to listen to all my bullshit.
- 4712 : You wanna know what happened??? Buy the book!
- 6482 : J A A A A K E ! ! ! ! !
- 6609 : Just one question. Am I turning you on?
- 6610 : I can't believe it. They fucking forgot my birthday.
- 7876 : Carolyn's upstairs, passed out cold. I could violate her ten different ways if I wanted.
- 9235 : Last night at the dance my brother paid a buck to see your underwear
- 9236 : Dong where is my automobile?
- 9555 : Make a wish (lead character0 It already can true.
- 9556 : What about you dad. Fuck you. No dad what about you. FUCK YOU
- 9557 : I can see you pushing maximum density
- 9558 : What can you do. I can tape alla of your bbuns together
- 11948 : i hate to tell you this but my brother just paid 5 dollars to see your underwear
- 11994 : Dong. Where is my automobile?
- 12057 : married? -jake MARRRIEEEEDDD! sheesh -dong
- 12124 : 1) I'm sorry, I don't do that 2) Yes you do. 1)*whispering* I know
- 13533 : Lake (laughs) Big Lake! (laughs)
- 15740 : A) Let me in B) No way, jose. You beat me up last night A) You grabbed my nuts at the party B) That you? B) Yeah that me
- 16686 : I mean, I've had men love me before...but not for six month in a row.
- 16688 : It's really human of you to listen to all my bullshit.
- 18462 : Dong. Where is my automobile? .....AUTOMOBILLLEEEEE!!
- 19727 : She got her period. Should be an intresting honeymoon
- 20198 : Classic!
- 21791 : Howard, there's your Chinaman.
- 21801 : Harold, there' s your Chinaman.
Sixteen Candles is a teen film, but it appeals to more than just teenagers. Sixteen Candles is written in such a way that it combines humour and intelligence. Samantha Baker is the film's protagonist. Sixteen Candles takes a very realistic look at what a person might be like with this kind of personality. Awkward, moody and obstinate Samantha Baker is the stereotypical teenager who has a love/hate relationship with her parents. Samantha falls in love, but her love is unrequited. Sixteen Candles takes a realistic look at teenage life, love, relationships and family. Samantha Baker is a complicated character and portrays the torment that many people go through in their teenage years. Many teenagers will be able to relate to this film and will have experienced some of the key issues in this film. Judge Reinhol wore what seemed like a vintage belt buckle on his outfit he wore in the movie
John Hughes brought out many films in the 1980's that are now considered classic comedies. Sixteen Candles has a straight forward plot even though it covers a lot of issues. The film concentrates on the central character, Samantha as she celebrates her birthday which is not a happy time for her. The following day her sister gets married and Samantha is faced with watching the happy couple get married, knowing her own love life is far from perfect. Sixteen Candles is an entertaining movie, light-hearted, but still looks at serious situations. Although the film covers serious events in a teenagers life the main plot is not really that serious. There is a lot of comedy contained within this film which helps bring the film to a level where it is well balanced and not too over sentimental. The events that are connected with Farmer Ted are extremely humorous. Samantha, her family and the grandparents add a lot of comedy to this film.
Unfortunately John Huges who was aged just 59, died recently, but Sixteen Candles stands as a credit to him. Sixteen Candles is based on a troubled teens quest to be noticed by adults. Hughes's hero is not the average type of hero in fact, he lies, drinks alcohol even though he is under age, drives without a license, drives whilst under the influence and has sex with the unconscious. This is a fantastic high school comedy movie with well observed moments that reflect the truth of teenage life. Although this was released in the early 80's it is still a film worthy of watching. Some people might think that an early 80's film is dated and not worth watching, but yet for others it will bring back memories of their own. As well as being a teenage comedy it is also a well written adult comedy with teenage characters.
This movie might not be appropriate for those who are in their early teens since it is a film that observes teenagers drinking, having sex and talking about birth control. The movie follows Samantha Baker during a day in her life. Samantha seems to experience all of the troubles and traumas of teenage life in one long day. Although this film is a very good portrayal of teenage life, it does more than that. It takes the viewers on a journey of exploration and the discovery of what it might be like to be in someone else's shoes for one day. Sixteen Candles shows off the work of director, John Hughes and has an energy that reflects his talent. Hughes also wrote Home Alone.
Actors include; Molly Ringwald, Anthony Michael Hall, Justin Henry, Michael Schoeffling and Haviland Morris. Directors: John Hughes Writers: John Hughes Producers: Hilton A. Green, Michelle Manning and Ned Tanen Rating: PG (Parental Guidance Suggested) Studio: Universal Studios DVD. Release Date: September 2, 2003 Run Time: 93 minutes.
Find a central connector of 16 Candles movie memorabilia and relive the 80's!
Users must be logged into the site in order to track their stats and access their Registered Quoters Options.