QUOTE NUMBER : QUOTE
- 298 : I'm not a quiter, I care about my family
- 466 : #1 I really don't want you to kiss me right now. #2 Who said anything about a kiss?
- 3333 : She's got a gang called.... Big Delores.
- 4251 : You stink Justin Matisse!
- 4330 : Is this where you were Cream of Corn?.....No honey, Queen of Corn.
- 7311 : I am my own crown of thorns!
- 7312 : Dancing's just a conversation between two people; talk to me.
- 9760 : I think my momma is right...Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life tryin' to overcome
- 9777 : "some people say childhood is the best years of you life... mommy says childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to overcome."
- 16484 : Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life overcoming
- 18421 : She even has her own gang, it's called Big Dolores.
- 18945 : Beging's are scary, middle's are happy, and ending's are alway's sad, but hope floats
- 21210 : "You were lucky to have me. but you know what? i think i already had the best part of you and she's standing right outside that door, whats left over doesn't look so good"
Hope floats is a heart wrenching story of a woman who has been lied to betrayed, and must face difficulty to secure a good life for herself and her daughter. The movies opens with its main character Birdee Calvert-Pruitt being told by her seemingly faithful and loving husband, Bill, that he has not only been having an affair, but it has been carried on with Birdee’s best friend, Connie. To add insult to injury, Birdee is told this on a national television talk show.
Having been told this horrific news, Birdee and her young daughter Bernice move to Smithville, Texas to live with Birdee’s family. Birdee’s father suffers from Alzheimer’s disease. Bernice, being young and not fully understanding the situation is at odds with her mother and resents the fact that they moved to Texas. She wants nothing more than to return home to her father. Birdee’s mother Ramona tries unavailingly to close the gap that is beginning to develop between Birdee and Bernice.
While living in Texas, Birdee is confronted with many people of her past. She is mortified at the fact that they all know of her husband’s infidelity with her best friend as they watched it on television. When Birdee left Smithville she was this popular beauty queen who had left behind a lot of people and her small town roots behind. Her arrival back in Smithville marked her fall from grace, something many would like her to be fully aware of. Through this all, Birdee has developed a good friendship and love interest in Justin, an old friend. Justin remains there for her though the movie and shares a special, loving relationship with Birdee, something she never had with Bill.
The movie takes a dramatically sad turn when Ramona passes away. At the funeral, family and friends gather to remember her. Bill, Birdee’s estranged husband too shows up. Bill then asks Birdee formally for a divorce. Hearing this news while no surprise to Birdee who is willing to give the divorce, hurts Bernice immensely. Bernice who still clings to her father and is upset with her mother asks her father can she go and live with him. Her heart is broken when her father tells her he doesn’t have room for her and is starting over with Connie. Bernice erupts in emotions as he walks away, sobbing and begging her father to come back. Birdee is left to pick up the pieces. At this point there is an unspoken understanding between Birdee and Bernice; Ramona finally got her wish.
Users must be logged into the site in order to track their stats and access their Registered Quoters Options.