QUOTE NUMBER : QUOTE
- 1000 : I will paint you like an Aztec princess.
- 2573 : we come out chased by hounds
- 15837 : A) Why you hit Montana? B) Oh, I dig, the man got his eyes and ears in the wall, don't you worry brotha, I'm gonna maintain
- 16048 : La Onda is your destiny, it's like a wave you cant stop
- 16049 : Give me some Chum, Chum
- 16050 : Keep your hoes in the rec room
- 16051 : Respect is everything, are you ready to die for it?
- 16052 : Property of Vatos Locos, Marked for life!
- 16053 : Chicano's not a colour, it's the way you think and they way you live and if your willing to give up your life for another cadinal
- 16054 : I don't want his Pork Chop, I want his Life!
- 16072 : You better keep the blankets over your head, your fluorescent skin goona keep me up all night
- 16073 : Alright, get down James Brown put the needle in
- 16075 : Hey take a look in the mirror, does it snow in LA
- 16120 : A) Niggy sa san doogle B) Zu wa tu, bra
- 16346 : I don't want his pork chop.....I want his life.
- 17064 : My skin may be white, but I'm bown on the inside.
- 17542 : You want hospitality? Okay pues, there's a can of chinga tu madre over there on the counter, help yourself
- 17544 : Juanito always loved me more than you, homes, because you were always too busy being a badass to love the little vato
When Viramontes decided to move property he moved into a one-story home on a nice, street, and lived there peacefully with his much beloved wife. Viramontes had been married for 22 years and had two lovely children, both boys aged 17 and 6. Viramontes, a previous gang member had completely swapped his old life of gang business for his new quiet family life. What pursues will take the viewer on an exciting, adrenaline pumping journey. One where the viewer is constantly surprised and learns to expect the unexpected.
Taylor Hackford directs this fantastic film in a way that gets the best out of actors. He seems to know just what his viewers need from a film that introduces urgent melodrama with a combination of street crime, gangs and prison life. This is a tough film to watch, but it shows the reality of what life may be like for a tough gang heavily into street crime. Blood In Blood Out is filmed in such a way that keeps the viewer on the edge of their seat wanting to know where the film is going to go next. The director has the ability to keep the suspense and edge from the start to the end.
Blood In Blood Out demonstrates what it might be like to be in prison among the Chicanos of East Los Angeles. life Miklo (Damian Chapa), Paco (Benjamin Bratt) and Cruz (Jesse Borrego) are three young cousins raised as brothers who are living in the East Los Angeles of 1972. It is through their friendship that we see loyalty, respect, humility and faithfulness. These three men are the focus of this film as they fight to rectify the past. A past that brings with it memories of horror and deep regret. Miklo is a man whose mother was Chicano and father was white. Miklo constantly fights a battle of not feeling comfortable in his own skin. He feels as though he has been betrayed by his mother and father. What he cannot come to terms with is his white skin and blue eyes that don't entirely fit in with a Chicano family. He so desperately longs to fit in with his true family and to be part of his cousins' gang. Constantly trying to prove himself worthy of his cousins acceptance that when a retaliatory attack occurs on a rival gang it sends Miklo, out on probation, back to prison, and he finds himself in San Quentin.
Actors performances are a central connector of outstanding and impressive. It is due to the actors performances that the characters are so believable. Blood In Blood Out is well written, brilliantly directed and performed in such a way that it brings the viewer into the heart of the film. Blood In Blood Out is actually based on real prison gang riots in the 1980s. It is an educating film that depicts what it might be like to live in one of the lesser districts of L.A. during the late 70s through the 80s. Characters are developed to a very deep level and are really intense. Due to the depth of characterization the viewer finds themselves struck with a wave of different emotions from, sadness, happiness, joy, tension and fear as well as a host of different emotions throughout the film. It is amazing how each character has been brought to life with no detail left out. Although the film is over three hours long it keeps the viewers attention and is like a good story book that is hard to put down. There is a whole process of discovering a world that is so stirring and hard hitting, a world that the viewer might never have experienced before and in this, the film educates at a deep level. Blood In Blood Out is a film that will shock, surprise, anger and educate all at once.
Users must be logged into the site in order to track their stats and access their Registered Quoters Options.