Humphrey Bogart quotes
. Harry Morgan: What made you so mad?
- Marie "Slim" Browning: I've been mad ever since I met you.
- Harry Morgan: Most people are.
“- Sam Spade: Haven't you tried to buy my loyalty with money and nothing else?
- Brigid O'Shaughnessy: What else is there I can buy you with?”
“- Ugarte: You despise me, don't you?
- Rick Blaine: If I gave you any thought, I probably would.”
“- Rick Blaine: Don't you sometimes wonder if it's worth all this? I mean what you're fighting for.
- Victor Laszlo: You might as well question why we breathe. If we stop breathing, we'll die. If we stop fighting our enemies, the world will die.”
“- Lt. Joe Rossi: They're taking them kind of young these days, ain't they?
- Ensign Wright: We're getting them young, Mr. Rossi, we're not taking them. Those boys all volunteered for this duty.”
“I always cry at weddings, especially my own.”
“People who don't drink are afraid of revealing themselves.”
“They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the
“- David Graham: Help me to prove that he was responsible for this and I'll put him where he won't kill anybody.
- Mary Dwight Strauber: You don't know what he's like! He stops at nothing. People just disappear and are never heard of again. I don't want that to happen to me.”
“When a man's partner is killed, he's supposed to do something about it. It doesn't make any difference what you thought of him. He was your partner and you're supposed to do something about it.”
“I always say, when you've got a job to do, get somebody else to do it.”
“- Rick Leland: You never have any clothes on.
- Alberta Marlow: If anyone heard you complaining about it, they would put you in a psychopathic ward.”
“- Eddie Bartlett: He can't be more than fifteen.
- George Hally: He'll never be sixteen.”
“One Rocco more or less isn't worth dying for.”
“Don't let nobody ever come between you and a girlfriend.”
“It says in the book that Napoleon said a good general has got to know when to be just, severe, or mild.”
“- Johnson: What sort of a day will it be?
- Harry Morgan: I don't know. Just about like yesterday. Only better.”
- Marie "Slim" Browning: Who was the girl, Steve?
- Steve: Who was what girl?
- Marie "Slim" Browning: The one who left you with such a high opinion of women.
“You choose to think that you can get through the world by outsmarting it. Well, I've learned that those kind of people generally end up outsmarting themselves. And that's exactly what's going to happen to you.”