Meryl Streep quotes
“In this system, our system, the slaves are unaware, both of their status and of their masters, who exist in a world apart, and where the shackles are hidden amidst reams of unreachable legalese. It is a result of massive, pervasive corruption of the legalprofession. When it takes a whistle blower to sound the alarm, it is cause for even greater...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Thank you, Lord, thank you. Thank you for everything. I hate to ask this, but I was just wondering when exactly the meek will be inheriting the Earth?”
“- Ben Bradlee: We have to be the check on their power. If we don't hold them accountable, then, my God, who will?
- Kay Graham: Well, I've never smoked a cigar. And I have no problem holding Lyndon or Jack or Bob or any of them accountable. We can't hold them accountable if we don't have a newspaper.”
“My decision stands, and I'm going to bed.”
“- Lisle Von Rhoman: How old would you guess I am? C'mon, don't try to flatter me.
- Madeline Ashton: Thirty-eight?
[Lisle Von Rhoman glares at her]
- Madeline Ashton: Twenty-eight... no, twenty-three.”
“- Ted Kramer: What's up? Tell me. What? What's the matter?
- Joanna Kramer: I woke up this morning, kept thinking about Billy and I was thinking about him waking up in his room with his little clouds all around that I painted and I thought I should have painted clouds downtown because then he would think that he was waking up at home. I came...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Do you know what my husband said about the news? He called it the first rough draft of history.”
“- Ben Bradlee: Can I ask you a hypothetical question?
- Kay Graham: Oh, dear. I don't like hypothetical questions.
- Ben Bradlee: Well, I don't think you're gonna like the real one, either.”
“To be with someone, when you're not really with him can... it's... I think I might be less lonely... alone.”
“Quality drives profitability.”
“- Mary Fisher: What's the matter with your clothes?
- Nicolette: You did the laundry.”
“We do not want to be law breakers. We want to be law makers. Be militant, each of you in your own way.”
“- Karen, The Bartender: Trying to get the old magic back?
- Kay: Yeah.
- Karen, The Bartender: Did you ever have it?”
“I am six months in the... in here, in U.S., and so I eat more good now than in my life.”
“I don't want life to imitate art, I want life to be art.”
“- Doris Mann: Are you less mad at me now?
- Suzanne Vale: I am always less mad at you, mom.”
“- Rosie: [to Donna, holding up Tanya's underwear] Does she wear it or floss with it?
- Tanya: Floss you!
- Donna: Is it edible Tanya?”