Meryl Streep quotes
“In this system, our system, the slaves are unaware, both of their status and of their masters, who exist in a world apart, and where the shackles are hidden amidst reams of unreachable legalese. It is a result of massive, pervasive corruption of the legalprofession. When it takes a whistle blower to sound the alarm, it is cause for even greater...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If I know a song of Africa, of the giraffe and the African new moon lying on her back, of the plows in the fields and the sweaty faces of the coffee pickers, does Africa know a song of me? Will the air over the plain quiver with a color that I have had on, or the children invent a game in which my name is, or the full moon throw a shadow over...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Thank you, Lord, thank you. Thank you for everything. I hate to ask this, but I was just wondering when exactly the meek will be inheriting the Earth?”
“- Ben Bradlee: We have to be the check on their power. If we don't hold them accountable, then, my God, who will?
- Kay Graham: Well, I've never smoked a cigar. And I have no problem holding Lyndon or Jack or Bob or any of them accountable. We can't hold them accountable if we don't have a newspaper.”
“My decision stands, and I'm going to bed.”
“- Lisle Von Rhoman: How old would you guess I am? C'mon, don't try to flatter me.
- Madeline Ashton: Thirty-eight?
[Lisle Von Rhoman glares at her]
- Madeline Ashton: Twenty-eight... no, twenty-three.”
“- Ted Kramer: What's up? Tell me. What? What's the matter?
- Joanna Kramer: I woke up this morning, kept thinking about Billy and I was thinking about him waking up in his room with his little clouds all around that I painted and I thought I should have painted clouds downtown because then he would think that he was waking up at home. I came...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Do you know what my husband said about the news? He called it the first rough draft of history.”
“- Ben Bradlee: Can I ask you a hypothetical question?
- Kay Graham: Oh, dear. I don't like hypothetical questions.
- Ben Bradlee: Well, I don't think you're gonna like the real one, either.”
“To be with someone, when you're not really with him can... it's... I think I might be less lonely... alone.”
“Quality drives profitability.”
“- Mary Fisher: What's the matter with your clothes?
- Nicolette: You did the laundry.”
“We do not want to be law breakers. We want to be law makers. Be militant, each of you in your own way.”
“- Karen, The Bartender: Trying to get the old magic back?
- Kay: Yeah.
- Karen, The Bartender: Did you ever have it?”
“I am six months in the... in here, in U.S., and so I eat more good now than in my life.”
“I don't want life to imitate art, I want life to be art.”
“- Doris Mann: Are you less mad at me now?
- Suzanne Vale: I am always less mad at you, mom.”
“- Rosie: [to Donna, holding up Tanya's underwear] Does she wear it or floss with it?
- Tanya: Floss you!
- Donna: Is it edible Tanya?”