Richard Pryor quotes
“- Zeke: Smoke, what if the motherfuckers don't wanna pay?
- Smokey: If they don't pay, then we're gonna cut them a new asshole.”
“A hundred and twenty five years... Oh God, Oh God... I'll be a hundred and sixty one when I get out.”
“- Jack Brown: Why me? Of all the stuff in the store, why did you pick me?
- Eric Bates: You made me laugh. I wanted a friend who made me laugh.
- Jack Brown: So of all the toys in the store you wanted a friend. If you want a friend, you don't buy a friend, Eric, you earn a friend through love and trust and respect.”
“- Skip Donahue: She's not for you.
- Harry Monroe: What do you mean, she's not for me?
- Skip Donahue: Harry, Nancy is a fascinating girl. She may be the single hottest girl on the East Side. But when you wake up in the morning you'll find that she's not a very serious person.
- Harry Monroe: Neither am I!”
“This is '65 African Ganja - from the motherland! Do you understand? It's been soaked in the earth, back home! This is mean! One joint of this put Southern California to sleep back in '65. Did you know there was a revolution in '65? We went to sleep and missed it! Because, of this! This is green! This is bad!”
“- Eve: Thank you. Mr Karew, what would you like?
- Wally: I suppose a fuck is out of the question.
- Eve: I'm afraid so.”
“- Harry Monroe: Do you mind? What'd you kill your step-father for anyway?
- Rory: Criticizing my new fur jacket... and... slapping my hand.”
“- Harry Monroe: You think this is The Count Of Monte Cristo or something, man? We're in trouble. This is the real deal! We're in deep shit!
- Skip Donahue: Harry, you and I are innocent. You know that. I know that. And somewhere outside, the two guys who really pulled that bank job know it too.
- Harry Monroe: But, the cops don't know it!”
“- Skip Donahue: Just picture this. You and me - and two girls. Romping through the desert. Splashing into the ocean. And the moonlight is out. And, we just catch a glimpse of their bodies when the moonlight hits their breasts. And we watch those breasts just bounce gently - to and fro.
- Harry Monroe: And sand?
- Skip Donahue: After the water,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Everyone carries around his own monsters.”
“- The Great Gonzo: All right, Camilla, I'll get you a balloon, but you have to pick the color: red or green?
- Balloon Vendor: Can I give you a word of advice?
- The Great Gonzo: What?
- Balloon Vendor: Why not take both?”
“- Dave: Who are you talking to?
- Wally: I'm talking to you, you prick.
- Dave: Why don't you look me in the eye and say that?
- Wally: I would if I could but I can't, I'm blind.
- Dave: You're blind?
- Wally: Yes I'm blind, what are you, fucking deaf?
- Dave: Yes, I'm fucking deaf!
- Wally: You're really deaf?
- Dave: I'm really deaf.
- Wally:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Realtor: You may want to decorate this house differently.
- Arlo Pear: Oh yes, we'd get bigger penises.”
“A lie is profanity... A lie is the worst thing in the world. Art is the ability to tell the truth.”
“I'd like to die like my father died... My father died fucking. My father was 57 when he died. The woman was 18. My father came and went at the same time.”
“- Gus Gorman: Hey, man!
- Lorelei: That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman.”