Warren Beatty quotes
“You've achieved success in your field when you don't know whether what you're doing is work or play.”
“Obscenity? The rich is getting richer and richer and richer while the middle class is getting more poor / Making billions and billions and billions of bucks / well, my friend, if you weren't already rich at the start, well, that situation just sucks / 'cause the riches motherfuckers in five of us is getting ninety-fucking-eight percent of it /...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Telling the truth can be dangerous business. Honest and popular don't go hand in hand. If you admit that you play the accordion no one will hire you in a rock 'n' roll band. But we can sing out hearts out. And if we're lucky, then no neighbors complain. Because life is the way we audition for God. Let us pray that we all get the job.”
“- Virginia Hill: Do you always talk this much before you do it?
- Bugsy Siegel: I only talk this much before I kill someone.”
“- John Reed: Louise, I love you.
- Louise Bryant: No, you love yourself!”
“You don't get to rewrite what I write.”
“- Dick Tracy: Is the enemy of my enemy my friend, or the enemy of my friend my enemy?
- Pat Patton: What?
- Dick Tracy: Or enemy of my enemy my enemy?
- Pat Patton: What'd he say?
- Dick Tracy: The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
- Sam Catchem: He said the enemy of his enemy is his enemy.
- Pat Patton: Oh.”
“- Bonnie Parker: What would you do if some miracle happened and we could walk out of here tomorrow morning and start all over again clean? No record and nobody after us?
- Clyde Barrow: Well, I guess I'd do it all different. First off, I wouldn't live in the same state where we pull our jobs. We'd live in another state. We'd stay clean there and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It takes a lot of nerve to have nothing at your age, don't you understand that? Most guys'd be ashamed, but you've got the guts to just say 'to hell with it'. You say that you'd rather have nothing than settle for less, understand?”
- Sen. Jay Billington Bulworth: I think it'd be a good idea to say "I'm sorry", huh?
- Kid #1: Oh man, I waited my whole life for this moment!
- Cop: I'm... sorry.
- Sen. Jay Billington Bulworth: Say "No problem, Officer".
- Kid #2: Go fuck your mama, you fucking pig cocksucker!
- Sen. Jay Billington Bulworth: That's good enough.
“- Clyde Barrow: Now you just tell me what was wrong with that car.
- C.W. Moss: Dirt.
- Clyde Barrow: Dirt?
- C.W. Moss: Dirt in the fuel line... just blowed it away.”
“- Bugsy Siegel: Got a light?
- Virginia: The way you were looking at me, I thought you were going to ask for something more interesting.”
“This here's Miss Bonnie Parker. I'm Clyde Barrow. We rob banks.”
- Darnell: You ain't no real nigger, is you?
- Sen. Jay Billington Bulworth: Is you a real nigger?
- Darnell: You callin' me nigger, motherfucka? Don't call me a nigger, moth'fucka!
- Sen. Jay Billington Bulworth: Would you prefer "motherfucker", motherfucker?
“- Dick Tracy: I'm on duty.
- Breathless Mahoney: What's your day off?
- Dick Tracy: Sunday.
- Breathless Mahoney: It's a big world... must be Sunday somewhere.”
“Charity is taking an ugly girl to lunch.”
“You've achieved success in your field when you don't know whether
what you're doing is work or play.”
“All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open-ended program of procreative racial deconstruction. Everybody just gotta keep fuckin' everybody 'til they're all the same color.”
“- Chuck Clarke: Take one sip at a time. That water has to last you about another 48 minutes.
- Lyle Rogers: Why, what happens then?
- Chuck Clarke: We run out of water.”
“- Joe Pendleton: Do I... play Polo?
- Sisk: Not really, sir.”
“- Sen. Jay Billington Bulworth: Murphy, Feldman, you're lookin' pretty beat / I thought you might feel better with some ribs to eat / Eat 'em, gentlemen, you'll think they're really fine / And if you want a couple more you can get 'em anytime!
- Dennis Murphy: I am incredibly frightened.”