Woody Allen quotes
“Why is life worth living? It's a very good question. There are certain things I guess that make it worthwhile. Like for me, I would say Groucho Marx, to name one thing and Wilie Mays and the 2nd movement of the Jupiter Symphony... and Louis Armstrong, recording of Potato Head Blues, Swedish movies, naturally... Sentimental Education by Flaubert,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Danny Rose: My rabbi, Rabbi Perlstein, used to say we're all guilty in the eyes of God.
- Tina Vitale: Do you believe in God?
- Danny Rose: No, no. But I'm guilty over it.”
“Whenever you're right, strive for originality.”
“- Andrew: You just lust after her, that's all. You're not in love with her. You want to sleep with her.
- Maxwell: How could anyone just want to sleep with such a dream? Not that I don't. She's hot! She's very hot.
- Andrew: I know.
- Maxwell: You know, the ones that are incredible in bed are ones that are raised in a convent.”
“My life is passing before my eyes. The worst part about it is that I'm driving a used car.”
“You chose psychoanalysis over real life? Are you learning disabled?”
“I am at two with nature.”
“No, no, no. I don't travel by water, it's against my religion. I'm a land locked Hebrew!”
“The government is unresponsive to the needs of the little man. Under 5'7''.”
“On the plus side, death is one of the few things that can be done just as easily lying down.”
“My education was dismal. I went to a series of schools for mentally disturbed teachers.”
“What a bunch of losers. Mindless zombies capitulating to an oppressive system.”
“- Andrew: You, I have to take to a hypnotist.
- Adrian: Why?
- Andrew: Why? So we can start making love again. Of course, you'd be in trance. But, that's okay!
- Adrian: That's a horrible thing to say.”
“Eternity is really long, especially near the end.”
“I feel that life is divided up into the horrible and the
“I tended to place my wife under a pedestal.”