“Lonesome Dove” quotes(1989)
Plot – Gus McRae e Woodrow Call are two retired Texas Rangers. Their friend Jake arrives to town from Montana. He owns a herd a tells his friends it's a very profitable job. Call is excited about it and persuades Gus to go there, but McRae has other plans: he wants to stop in Nebraska to have another chance with his ex girlfriend.
All actors – Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones, Danny Glover, Diane Lane, Robert Urich, Frederic Forrest, D.B. Sweeney, Ricky Schroder, Anjelica Huston, Chris Cooper, Timothy Scott, Glenne Headlyshow all
“Lonesome Dove” Quotes 18 quotes
“I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less.”
“It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.”
“- Peach Johnson: Find July! He's been gone over six days! He's gone to Texas, Roscoe. I reckon you can find Texas!
- Roscoe Brown: Of course I can find Texas, Peach. I just don't know if I can find July!”
“Life in San Francisco, you see, is still just life. If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment. The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself.”
“Well, I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy.”
“Well, hell, boys. I'd damn sight rather be hung by my friends than by a bunch o' damn strangers.”
“- Newt Dobbs: Gus, are you sure the Captain is my father?
- Augustus 'Gus' McCrae: Yep, he is.
- Newt Dobbs: He ain't never mentioned it.
- Augustus 'Gus' McCrae: Well, Woodrow ain't much of a mentioner.”
“[referring to the Hat Creek Cattle Company sign]
- Woodrow F. Call: And if that ain't bad enough you got all them Greek words on there, too.
- Augustus 'Gus' McCrae: I told you, Woodrow, a long time ago it ain't Greek, it's Latin.
- Woodrow F. Call: Well what does it say in Latin?
- Augustus 'Gus' McCrae: Well, it's a motto. It just says itself...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Augustus 'Gus' McCrae: Oh, I had a job waitin' tables once. S' on a riverboat. I wasn't no older than Newt, there, but I hadda give it up.
- Newt Dobbs: How come?
- Augustus 'Gus' McCrae: Well I was, too young and pretty and the whores wouldn't let me alone.”
“I'd like a chance to shoot at an educated man once in my life.”
“- Woodrow F. Call: [Call thinks Gus has died] Augustus.
- Augustus 'Gus' McCrae: [opens his eyes] By God, Woodrow; it's been one hell of a party.
“I despised you for what you were then, Captain Call, and I despise you for what you're doing!”