Cards quotes21 cards quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
You remember back in high school? I was starting to get really good at poker, went home with lots of lunch money? I got to know the principal's office really well. He always used to say to me "why can't you be more like your brother Peter". I was ok with that, I was proud of you and I was never jealous of anything that you had.
Until... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sandy Patterson: Hi. Good morning. Something wrong with pump five. It's not taking my card.
- Luis the Gas Station Attendant: You don't pay your bills, man. I gotta cut the card.”
“I like dogs playing poker... because dogs would never bet on things; so it's incongruous. I like incongruity.”
“- Dragline: Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me with nothin'.
- Luke: Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.”
“The game [of poker] exemplifies the worst aspects of capitalism
that have made our country so great.”
“- Vesper Lynd: So you're telling me its a matter of probability and chance. I was worried there wasn't chance involved.
- James Bond: Well, usually the player with the best hand wins.”
“In poker you never play your hand. You play the man across from you.”
“- Martin, the James' Butler: Shall we review your mother's list?
- Annie: Mm-hmm.
- Martin, the James' Butler: Now, let's see. Vitamins?
- Annie: Check.
- Martin, the James' Butler: Minerals?
- Annie: Check.
- Martin, the James' Butler: List of daily fruits and vegetables?
- Annie: Check, check.
- Annie: [Martin glances at Annie] Check for...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Takashi: I think I've got a frush.
- "Booger": What the fuck's a frush?
- Takashi: [showing his royal flush] A frush.
- "Booger": [showing his cards] Oh, well I've got two sevens and two sevens beats a frush.
- Takashi: Oh, thank you.
“- Wyatt Earp: How many cards do you want?
- Doc Holliday: I don't want to play any more.
- Wyatt Earp: How many?
- Doc Holliday: Damn it, you're the most fallible, stubborn, self-deluded, bullheaded man I've ever known in my entire life.
- Wyatt Earp: I call.
[looks at Doc Holliday's cards]
- Wyatt Earp: You win.
- Doc Holliday: You're the only...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Casinos have house rules: they don't like to lose. So you never show that you're counting cards. That is the cardinal sin, Ray.”
“- Kirk: If we play our cards right, we may be able to find out when those whales are being released.
- Spock: How will playing cards help?”
“- Mike McDermott: I watch the cards but I also watch the player react to the cards. That's how I knew the DA made his two pair and judge Kaplan missed the flush, I was watching their eyes when they checked their river cards, their faces tell you everything.
- Abe Petrovsky: [confused] You watch the man? I never knew you had to calculate so much...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dick Goodwin: I know you're lying.
- Charles Van Doren: Bluffing. The word is bluffing.”