Desert quotes34 desert quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Jackson Bentley: What is it, Major Lawrence, that attracts you personally to the desert?
- T.E. Lawrence: It's clean.”
“No Arab loves the desert. We love water and green trees. There is nothing in the desert and no man needs nothing.”
“Already I have dropped back into the desert as if it were my own place. Silence and solitude all around me like an impenetrable veil. Sleep more profound that civilization contrives. And then, the roadless desert, again.”
“- Ravel: No radio, no feed source.
- Millburn: Nobody’s home!
- David: There is nothing in the desert, and no man is nothing.
- Ford: What is that?
- David: Just something from a film I like.”
“We pass a damn gas station every hundred yards for a thousand miles, but when you really need one, you end up walking your ass off. This is no way to run a desert!”
“- Joan: You have no right to keep me here against my will!
- Omar: Then go. You're free to leave. Should you leave, I will not stop you... but I will not provide transportation to any airport, train station or port for you. Besides, only the worst kind of fool will attempt to cross our desert alone.”
“I've seen lots of camel toes before, but never on a camel!”
“- Oscar Madison: I think I figured out where we are.
- Felix Ungar: Where?
- Oscar Madison: In a Clint Eastwood movie.”
“The birds in the desert eat only flesh, and there is no wind.”
“How's your mama? We went out. You know, you'd make a nice 9-piece. You know we black people like chicken! You see any flies on me?”
“No one can ever know for sure what a deserted area looks like.”
“Don't you listen to the desert? Even when there's no wind the sand sings.”
“It looks like a paradise, but it is in fact the most treacherous desert in the world... the Kalahari. After the short rainy season, there are many waterholes, and even rivers. But after a few weeks, the water sinks away into the deep Kalahari sand, the waterholes dry up, and the rivers stop flowing.”
“- Chuck Clarke: Take one sip at a time. That water has to last you about another 48 minutes.
- Lyle Rogers: Why, what happens then?
- Chuck Clarke: We run out of water.”
“We're out in the desert, so bring some beer!”
“- Jim Parker: Isn't that - water up ahead?
- David Herdeg: No. This is a desert. And that's a mirage.
- Jim Parker: How much longer you think this mirage is gonna last?”
“- Pecos Bill: Not as hot as the summer of '88 when the chickens laid fried eggs and the babies cried sawdust.
- Paul Bunyan: Does this story have a point or does it go on and on and on like this stinkin' desert?”
“- Atticus Noyle: Now, when you're rescued and returned with your patrol to command headquarters, what will be among the first of your duties that you'll undertake?
- Ben Marco: I'll recommend Sergeant Shaw for the Medal of Honor, sir. He saved our lives. He terminated the enemy. Led us across the desert to safety.
- Atticus Noyle: Excellent. And...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Thomas Smithers: Chrome, shall we make the desert bloom?
- Meneer Chrome: First we must make the desert.”
“Where any other person would die of thirst in a few days, they live quite contentedly in this desert that doesn't look like a desert. They know where to dig for roots and bugs and tubers, and which berries and pods are good to eat. And of course they know what to do about water.”
“Is that perfume? You're wearing perfume in the middle of the fucking desert?”