Government quotes166 government quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“There will be peace when the people of the world, want it so badly, that their governments will have no choice but to give it to them. I just wish you could all see the Earth the way that I see it. Because when you really look at it, it's just one world.”
“- Bill Sullivan: I see this as America's eyes and ears; I don't want it to become its heart and soul. So I told the president for this to work there is going to have to be some kind of civilian oversight.
- Edward Wilson: Oversight? How can you have a covert organization if you have people looking over your shoulder?”
“What the people can do. True power is yours, not the government's, unless it represents the people!”
“A pathological killer on the right, God-knows-what on the left, and a gutless middle.”
“There's nothing hard about acting except the long hours.”
“This government of ours doesn't realise what sort of a world we're living in.”
“Statesmanship is more than entertaining peasants.”
“- Peter Evans: The CIA had smuggled Nazi scientists into the States to work with the American military and Calspan, developing an inter-epidermal tracking microchip.
- Agnes White: A what?
- Peter Evans: It's a surveillance tool. It's a microchip that's been implanted in the skin of every human being born on the planet since 1982.”
“- Peter Howard: We are citizens of an American nation! And our rights are being threatened by a tyrant three thousand miles away!
- Benjamin Martin: Would you tell me please, Mr. Howard, why should I trade one tyrant three thousand miles away for three thousand tyrants one mile away?”
“Washington, and all of us, are gravely concerned over this growing contempt for taxes. Agents are herewith directed to discourage non-compliance through investigation, prosecution, and other statutory actions within our broad authority.”
“There is evil ever around fundamental system of government. Quite incidental!”
“This whole damn system works on a bluff, you know that. Once it's blown, we go back to a constitutional government. And you'll be selling shoes.”
“When the system's threatened, they'll do anything to defend it.”
“I don't like finding out about people employed by this government via the news, unless they've just died.”
“- Jamie: I blame the government.
- Nina: What?
- Jamie: The government.
- Nina: What's the government got to do with anything?
- Jamie: I hate the bastards.”
“- Lightning McQueen: Wow, this organic fuel is great! Why haven't I heard about it before?
- Fillmore: It's a conspiracy, man! The oil companies got a grip on the government. They're feeding us a bunch of lies, man!”
“Taxes are the lifeblood of this nation. Collecting taxes is a thankless job. As officers and agents of the Internal Revenue Service, we are more than just an arm of the government. We are the heart and hands of the United States Treasury. There are, however, an increasing number who willfully disregard their obligation, resist the payment of...” (continue)(continue reading)