Opposition quotes27 opposition quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Death. Death! Death to all who oppose us!”
- Ebbing: It's a great pity, Mr. Donahue, that you and I should oppose each other. We have so much in common.
- "Gloves" Donahue: Yeah? How's that?
- Ebbing: You are a man of action. You take what you want, and so do we. You have no respect for democracy - neither do we. It's clear we should be allies.
“Did you just growl at opposing counsel?”
“- Nick Van Owen: You looking for a problem?
- Dieter Stark: And I found you, didn't I?”
“- Hubbell: I don't see how you can do it.
- Katie: And I don't see how you can't.”
“- Edna Turnblad: No one is auditioning for anything in this household!
- Tracy Turnblad: But why not? Why not?
- Edna Turnblad: Dancing is not your future. One day, you're going to own Edna's Occidental Laundry.
- Tracy Turnblad: I don't want to be a laundress. I want to be famous.”
“Faith is the antithesis of proof.”
“Whenever a situation develops to its extreme, it is bound to turn
around and become its opposite.”
“We're going to have a racial explosion and that's more dangerous than an atomic explosion. It's going to explode because black people are dissatisfied. They're dissatisfied now not only with the white man, but with these Negroes who have been sitting around here posing as leaders and spokesmen for black people.”
Remember that the difference between champ and chump is "U".
“Your objections have been duly noted and summarily overruled.”
“Why can't we work out our differences? Why can't we work things out? Little people, why can't we all just get along?”
“- Dr. Martin Stensgard: Why must everything in the world be either black or white?
- Karen Stensgard: Because that's the way the world is these days.”
- Ursula Stanhope: Did you just say "love"?
- Beatrice Stanhope: No...
- Ursula Stanhope: You did. You're right.
- Beatrice Stanhope: Ursula... don't say it.
- Ursula Stanhope: I love him! I'm out of here.
- Beatrice Stanhope: Ursula! You can't love him!
“- Humbolt Prentiss: She started throwing things at me. Oh, that's alright. She always does. It's a very good sign for us.
- Arline Davis: In other words, she didn't really disapprove or she'd have shot you.”
“- Edgar McGraw: Nine dead bodies. And we're talking the whole she-bang: bride, groom, reverend, reverend's wife... hell, they even shot that old colored fella that plays the organ.
- Earl McGraw: It would appear someone objected to this union and wasn't able to hold their peace.”
“When I was young I thought things were simple. Right or wrong. Black or white. And as I grew older, I tried to understand the in-between. The shadows. I tried to see the other fellows point of view. I even imagined Nazis might be human beings. But this afternoon I knew I was right at first. Things are simple. They kill you. You kill them.”
“Sometimes what you've learned conflicts with what you know.”