People quotes429 people quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“When we do have free time, the last thing we want is complicated analysis of our government, lobbying, international trade agreements, and taxbills. So it's no surprise that when a monotone bureaucratic Vice President came to power we hardly noticed. As he achieved a position of authority that very few leaders in the history of America ever...” (continue)(continue reading)
“People don't want the truth anymore, Matt. It's too messy. Keeps them up nights.”
“- Sarah Williams: So few people get what they want. And the ones they do aren't really the lucky ones anyway.
- Fielding Pierce: They're not? Who are?
- Sarah Williams: The ones that do what they are meant to.”
“- Joan Winfield: Don't you get lonesome being here all alone?
- Pop Tolliver: No, I like people. Not seeing many of them keeps me liking them.”
“- Julie: It's just weird how time erases things.
- Fern: Time doesn't erase things, people erase things.”
“It's funny how beautiful people look when they're walking out the door.”
“People don't always tell you what they are thinking. They just see to it that you don't advance in life.”
“Look at those assholes, ordinary fucking people. I hate 'em.”
“Here's the deal, Columbus. Uh, I'm not easy to get along with, and I'm sensing you're a bit of a bitch.”
“- Ben Cronin: Scouts are coming next week.
- Mr. Tillman: Girl scouts?
- Ben Cronin: No, swimming scouts from Stanford.”
“- Sarah Marshall: I think that Hawaii is a place to escape for people who can't deal with the real world.
- Rachel Jansen: Yeah, you know, there's so few personal shoppers and pet therapists. Gosh, it's such a hard life.”
“Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.”
“There are 3 kinds of people; the ones above, the ones below, and the ones who fall.”
“- Gamora: You murdered half the planet.
- Thanos: A small price to pay for salvation.
- Gamora: You're insane.
- Thanos: Little one, it's a simple calculus. This universe is finite, its resources, finite. If life is left unchecked, life will cease to exist. It needs correcting.
- Gamora: You don't know that!
- Thanos: I'm the only one who knows...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Gertrude Bell: I operate for no one.
- Sir Mark Sykes: What is it then that attracts you to the Bedouin out there?
- Gertrude Bell: Something that you and your world you can not ever understand. It's their freedom. It's their dignity. It's their poetry of life.”
“People don't fix each other, Joseph. And they never become anything but what they've always been.”
“- Dr. Sanderson: You know, people are people no matter were you go.
- Elwood P. Dowd: That is very often the case.”
“This country will soon to have to decide if the people are going to run the government, or the government is going to run the people.”
“- Harry Lime: Nobody thinks in terms of human beings. Governments don't. Why should we? They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-yearplans, so have I.
- Martins: You used to believe in God.
- Harry Lime: Oh, I still do believe in God, old man. I believe in...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There's not enough shelter for us people on the street.”
“How does an empire die? Does it collapse in one terrible moment? No. No! But there comes a time when its people no longer believe in it. Then, then does an empire begin to die.”
“The only people who want to live to 100 are 99 year olds.”