Philosophy quotes47 philosophy quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the TV Series: That '70s Show
- From the movie: Country of My Skull
“It's not always black and white. Sometimes it's gray. Sometimes it's fucking gray.”
- From the TV Series: Modern Family
- From the TV Series: The Good Place
“Once again, none of these philosophers is ever talking about masturbation.”
- From the TV Series: The Good Place
“It’s like, who died and left Aristotle in charge of ethics?”
- From the movie: The Irishman
- From the movie: El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie
“- Jesse Pinkman: I was thinking about that thing you said about the universe. Going where the universe takes you? Right on. It's a cool philosophy.
- Jane Margolis: I was being metaphorical, it's a terrible philosophy. I've gone where the universe takes me my whole life. It's better to make those decisions for yourself.”
- From the movie: Parenthood
- From the movie: Max Dugan Returns
“- Michael McPhee: Can you make money from philosophy?
- Max Dugan: Yeah, if you have the right one.”
- From the movie: Irrational Man
“So much of philosophy is just verbal masturbation.”
- From the movie: The Fault In Our Stars
- From the movie: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Archeology is the search for fact, not truth. If it's truth you're interested in, Dr. Tyree's Philosophy class is right down the hall. So forget any ideas you've got about lost cities, exotic travel, and digging up the world. We do not follow maps to buried treasure, and "X" never, ever marks the spot.
- From the movie: Broadway Danny Rose
“You know what my philosophy of life is? That it's important to have some laughs, but you gotta suffer a little too, because otherwise you miss the whole point of life.”
- From the movie: Mad Max
“- Toecutter: Take your hat off.
- Station Master: Anything you say.
- Toecutter: Anything I say. What a wonderful philosophy you have.”
- From the movie: Carol
“Everything comes full circle.”
- From the movie: Detachment
“A child's intelligent heart can fathom the depth of many darkplaces, but can it fathom the delicate moment of its own detachment?”
- From the movie: Leaves of Grass
“- Bolger: Do you believe in a higher power?
- Brady Kincaid: Yea, I do. I do. It's the only way to make sense of all this. Otherwise, it's just pure fucking chaos.
- Bolger: Like where we is created by him and he judges what we do?
- Brady Kincaid: Well, I think it's more like... like parallel lines.
- Bolger: Parallel lines?
- Brady Kincaid:...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Red Planet
- From the movie: High Art
“Philosophy, you know? Foucault, Derrida, Kristeva, whatevah.”
- From the movie: Wet Hot American Summer
“- Gene: Be proud of who you are.
- Coop: Huh? Gene?
- Gene: Shh... it isn't about the girl, Coop.
- Coop: It isn't?
- Gene: Well, it is. But see if you can follow me here... it ... ... isn't.
- Coop: Oh. So it is... and it isn't. [pause, wind blows]
- Gene: You are ready to be taught the new way.
- Coop: Will you teach me about this - what is...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: A Fish Called Wanda
“- Otto: Don't call me stupid.
- Wanda Gershwitz: Oh, right! To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I've known sheep that could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQs. But you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape?
- Otto: Apes don't read philosophy.
- Wanda Gershwitz: Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it.”
- From the movie: Videodrome
“- Max Renn: Why do it for real? It's easier and safer to fake it.
- Masha: Because it has something that you don't have, Max. It has a philosophy. And that is what makes it dangerous.”
- From the movie: The Big Lebowski
“Nihilists! Fuck me. I mean, say what you want about the tenets of National Socialism, Dude, at least it's an ethos.”
I have an existential map; it has "you are here" written all over
- From the movie: My Big Fat Greek Wedding
“When my people were developing philosophy your people were still swinging from trees.”