Reading quotes156 reading quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Sometimes we don't pick the books we read, they pick us.”
“- Fantasy: What is this?
- Richard Tyler: It's a library card.
- Fantasy: I'm a book, honey, I can read.”
“People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.”
“This is not a good place for someone who likes reading.”
“I'm a comic book guy, I grew up reading comics and graphic novels and being fans of those worlds.”
“- Mrs. Atwater: Do you know, when I was a girl I used to read quite a bit.
- Brandon: We all do strange things in our childhood.”
“- Phillip: Rupert only publishes books he likes... usually philosophy.
- Janet: Oh. Small print, big words, no sales.
- Brandon: Rupert's extremely radical. Do you know that he selects his books on the assumption that people not only can read but actually can think?”
“It must be really nice to have a job where you get to sit around and read all day.”
“I'm one of those freaky people that actually reads books.”
“- Cliff: Jenny, prepare yourself for a shock: I'm the Rocketeer.
- Jenny: The Rocke-who?
- Cliff: For crying out loud, haven't you read the papers?
- Jenny: No, I've been working all day.”