- Movie quotes
- Lost in Yonkers
“Lost in Yonkers” quotes
Title Lost in Yonkers
Plot – Eddie Kurnitz has to pay a heavy debt, so he entrusts his two sons to his elderly mother for a period. Jay and Arty find themselves living with a moody woman, whose daughter Bella takes care of her. She's generous and sometime later she sends them a letter saying that she's in Florida and that she finally enjoys her life.
All actors – Richard Dreyfuss, Mercedes Ruehl, Irene Worth, Brad Stoll, Mike Damus, David Strathairn, Robert Miranda, Jack Laufer, Susan Merson, Illya Haase, Calvin Stillwell, Dick Hagerman
“- Bella Kurnitz: You guys have to promise not to tell grandma! Jay?
- Jay: I promise.
- Aunt Bella: Arty?
- Arty: She and I have very short conversations.”
“- Jay: Where would someone like grandma hide her money?
- Arty: You're not thinking of stealing it, are you?
- Jay: No, but what if we just borrowed it? I'd just love to send Pop an envelope with $9,000.
- Arty: Who would he think sent it to him... God?”
“- Jay: He had an uncle in Poland who died. We can say he left the money to Pop in his will.
- Arty: Jay, do you think the Germans would let some Jew in Poland send $9,000 to some Jew in Alabama?”