Conversation quotes80 conversation quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Elwood P. Dowd: Well, I think this calls for a celebration! Why don't we all go down to Charlie's Place and have a drink?
- Veta Louise Simmons: You're not going anywhere, Elwood. You're staying right here.
- Myrtle Mae Simmons: Yes, Uncle Elwood.
- Judge Gaffney: Stay here, son.
- Elwood P. Dowd: I plan to leave, you want me to stay. Oh, an...” (continue)(continue reading)
“He was one of those civilized individuals who did not insist upon agreement with his political principals as a precondition for conversation or friendship.”
“When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.”
“I can lay you out and fill your mouth with your mother's feces, or we can talk.”
“You can not reason with a tiger when your head is in its mouth.”
“Just because I talk a lot, doesn’t mean I always know what I’m actually talking about.”
“When people talk to each other, they never say what they mean. They say something else and you're expected to just know what they mean.”
“The true history of the world is the history of great conversations.”
“- Tracy Lord: I'm such an unholy mess of a girl.
- C. K. Dexter-Haven: Oh, come on, that's not even good conversation, Tracy.”
“- Mad Hatter: What's the matter my dear, don't you care for tea?
- Alice: Why, yes. I'm very fond of tea.
- March Hare: If you don't care for tea, you could at least make polite conversation!”
“Will you stop interrupting me while I am interrupting you!”
- Neal Page: Let me close this conversation by saying that you are one unique individual.
- Del Griffith: Unique... what's that, Latin for "asshole"?
“- LeBron James: Do you know Cleveland is great for the whole family?
- Aaron: Yes, yes. Yes I do. You tell me that all the time. You randomly just text me that.
- LeBron James: Man, What's wrong with that?”
“- Nathan: I understand that you want me to explain how Ava works, but I'm sorry. I'm not gonna be able to do that.
- Caleb: Try me. I'm hot on high-level abstraction.
- Nathan: It's not 'cause I think you're too dumb. It's 'cause I want to have a beer and a conversation with you, not a seminar.”
“- Devlin: Confidential conversations are transcribed and filed away.
- Martin Rose: Better be careful what I say, then.
- Devlin: Yeah, or at least speak clearly. For the sake of the typist.”
“- Adam Jones: We should be dealing in culinary orgasms. When is the last time you had an orgasm that was interesting?
- Helene: Remind me never ever to discuss food with you in public.”
“- Parry: You have a great set of... dishes.
- Anne: Jack, he's trying to start a con-vuh-sation...
- Jack: Then talk to him, he won't bite you.”
“My father has not engaged in conversation for at least twenty years. The monologue is his preferred mode of discourse.”
“Time spent in conversation is never wasted.”
“I had a really long talk with a squirrel one time, longer in fact than I can with most people.”
“Tea at the Four Seasons Hotel poolside with Kevin Kline and a very pregnant Phoebe Cates, delineating which actors we have worked with are definitely certifiable or psychotic and reach a common consensus on a couple. I have only been here forty-eight hours and can already hear names being dropped and diarized as I plunge Alice-like, down, down,...” (continue)(continue reading)