Conversation quotes80 conversation quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Harvey
“- Elwood P. Dowd: Well, I think this calls for a celebration! Why don't we all go down to Charlie's Place and have a drink?
- Veta Louise Simmons: You're not going anywhere, Elwood. You're staying right here.
- Myrtle Mae Simmons: Yes, Uncle Elwood.
- Judge Gaffney: Stay here, son.
- Elwood P. Dowd: I plan to leave, you want me to stay. Oh, an...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Good Night, and Good Luck.
“He was one of those civilized individuals who did not insist upon agreement with his political principals as a precondition for conversation or friendship.”
- From the movie: Shirley Valentine
- Shirley Valentine: I mean, most fellas ya know, they've got no idea how to talk to a woman.
- Costas: No?
- Shirley Valentine: No. They feel they have to take over the conversation. I mean, I mean with most fellas if you say something like, like "My favorite season's autumn", they go "Oh, oh, my favorite season's spring" and then you've got 10... (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Smokey and the Bandit
“When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.”
- From the movie: The Prophecy
“I can lay you out and fill your mouth with your mother's feces, or we can talk.”
- From the movie: Darkest Hour
“You can not reason with a tiger when your head is in its mouth.”
- From the TV Series: The Vampire Diaries
“Just because I talk a lot, doesn’t mean I always know what I’m actually talking about.”
- From the movie: The Imitation Game
“When people talk to each other, they never say what they mean. They say something else and you're expected to just know what they mean.”
- From the TV Series: Game of Thrones
“The true history of the world is the history of great conversations.”
- From the movie: High Society
“- Tracy Lord: I'm such an unholy mess of a girl.
- C. K. Dexter-Haven: Oh, come on, that's not even good conversation, Tracy.”
- From the movie: T2 Trainspotting
“- Simon: You know, since we're having this conversation, I can tell you that fully consentual, emotionally driven, not-for-profitsexualintercourse has been attained.
- Renton: Simon, you're a romantic.”
- From the animation: Alice in Wonderland
“- Mad Hatter: What's the matter my dear, don't you care for tea?
- Alice: Why, yes. I'm very fond of tea.
- March Hare: If you don't care for tea, you could at least make polite conversation!”
- From the movie: Darkest Hour
“Will you stop interrupting me while I am interrupting you!”
- From the movie: Planes, Trains & Automobiles
- Neal Page: Let me close this conversation by saying that you are one unique individual.
- Del Griffith: Unique... what's that, Latin for "asshole"?
- From the movie: Trainwreck
“- LeBron James: Do you know Cleveland is great for the whole family?
- Aaron: Yes, yes. Yes I do. You tell me that all the time. You randomly just text me that.
- LeBron James: Man, What's wrong with that?”
- From the movie: Ex Machina
“- Nathan: I understand that you want me to explain how Ava works, but I'm sorry. I'm not gonna be able to do that.
- Caleb: Try me. I'm hot on high-level abstraction.
- Nathan: It's not 'cause I think you're too dumb. It's 'cause I want to have a beer and a conversation with you, not a seminar.”
- From the movie: When Trumpets Fade
- From the movie: Closed Circuit
“- Devlin: Confidential conversations are transcribed and filed away.
- Martin Rose: Better be careful what I say, then.
- Devlin: Yeah, or at least speak clearly. For the sake of the typist.”
- From the movie: Burnt
“- Adam Jones: We should be dealing in culinary orgasms. When is the last time you had an orgasm that was interesting?
- Helene: Remind me never ever to discuss food with you in public.”
- From the movie: Lost in Yonkers
- From the movie: The Fisher King
“- Parry: You have a great set of... dishes.
- Anne: Jack, he's trying to start a con-vuh-sation...
- Jack: Then talk to him, he won't bite you.”
- From the movie: Videodrome
“My father has not engaged in conversation for at least twenty years. The monologue is his preferred mode of discourse.”
- From the movie: Insidious: Chapter 3
“Time spent in conversation is never wasted.”
- From the movie: Charlie's Angels
“I had a really long talk with a squirrel one time, longer in fact than I can with most people.”
- La trovi in Relationships in Hollywood
“Tea at the Four Seasons Hotel poolside with Kevin Kline and a very pregnant Phoebe Cates, delineating which actors we have worked with are definitely certifiable or psychotic and reach a common consensus on a couple. I have only been here forty-eight hours and can already hear names being dropped and diarized as I plunge Alice-like, down, down,...” (continue)(continue reading)