David Strathairn quotes
“- Winston Churchill: Do I have your, uh, permission, uh, to send, uh, an aircraft carrier to pick up the P-40 fighter planes we purchased from you? Mr. President?
- President Roosevelt: Well, you-you've got me there again. New law preventing transshipment of military equipment.
- Winston Churchill: Uh, but we paid for them. We-we paid for them...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Jack Lengyel: My youngest crapped his pants yesterday.
- President Dedmon: Well, that happens.
- Jack Lengyel: He's four. Sandy was out so I had to clean him up. When she got home, I told her what happened, she couldn't believe it. I said "I know, the kid's four, he shouldn't be doing that anymore", She said "No, not that, I can't believe... (continue)(continue reading)
“- President Dedmon: Jack, I may not know football, but I have dealt with the NCAA. They like their rules, and the biggest one is freshmen are not allowed to play intercollegiate athletics.
- Jack Lengyel: That's why you're gonna get them to make an exception.
- President Dedmon: How am I supposed to...
- Jack Lengyel: Explain it to them. We...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Donna: Where are we?
- Joe: It's a little inlet, on the back side of Coashov Island
- Donna: Is that like up Shit Creek without a paddle?
- Joe: Yeah, pretty much.”
“We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.”
“I came to pay my respects. There's nothing I respect more than someone planting trees under whose shade they may never sit.”
“Film is our literature.”
“He was one of those civilized individuals who did not insist upon agreement with his political principals as a precondition for conversation or friendship.”
“- Noah Vosen: She's in league with Jason Bourne, for Christ's sake.
- Pam Landy: You do not have the authority to kill her.
- Noah Vosen: Oh yes I do! And you had better get on board.
- Pam Landy: Noah, she's one of us. You start down this path, where does it end?
- Noah Vosen: It ends when we've won.”
“You know as well as I do decisions made in real time are never perfect.”
“Merry Christmas, if I don't ever see you again. You have a nice life, Claudia.”
“I take care of my people. You bring 'em trouble, and you're a dead man. Sleep tight.”
“- Donna De Angelo: How come you're not married? Sorry, if you don't want to say...
- Joe Gastineau: Probably the same reason you're not married.
- Donna De Angelo: Because such a high percentage of men are jerks?
- Joe Gastineau: No.
- Donna De Angelo: Because women are scarce and winters are long?
- Joe Gastineau: That's true, but...
- Donna De...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Simon Birch: What does coffee and donuts have to do with God?
- Rev. Russell: They're merely refreshments so people can socialize and talk about up coming events.”
“I was so captivated by all the magical creatures I found that I lost sight of the one I already had. But I see now, and I may never be able to forgive myself.”
“We have currently a built-in allergy to unpleasant or disturbing information. Our mass media reflect this. But unless we get up off our fat surpluses and recognize that television in the main is being used to distract, delude, amuse, and insulate us, then television and those who finance it, those who look at it, and those who work at it, may...” (continue)(continue reading)