“The American President” quotes(1995)
Plot – A US democratic and clintonian president - and a widower too - falls in love with a charming environmentalist, but for the president of a powerful nation is more dfficult managing a love affair than keeping state affairs secrets. Planning a date, an invitation to dinner or simply sending a bouquet of flowers are a demanding challenge for him, because he's always followed by paparazzi.
All actors – Michael Douglas, Annette Bening, Martin Sheen, Michael J. Fox, Anna Deavere Smith, Samantha Mathis, Shawna Waldron, David Paymer, Anne Haney, Richard Dreyfuss, Nina Siemaszko, Wendie Malick, Beau Billingslea, Gail Strickland, Joshua Malina, Clement von Franckenstein, Efrat Lavie, John Mahoney, Taylor Nichols, John Mahon, Tom Dahlgren, Ralph Meyering Jr., Kurt Boesen, Joseph Latimore, Darryl Alan Reed, Andrew Steel, Jordan Lund, Richard McGonagle, Frank Cavestani, Richard Stahl, Alice Kushida, Renee Faia, Beans Morocco, Kathryn Ish, Kamilah Martin, Augie Blunt, Thom Barry, Steve Gonzales, Gabriel Jarret, Karen Maruyama, Nancy Kandal, George Murdock, Bernie McInerney, Jack Gilroy, Matthew Saks, Googy Gress, Ron Canada, Brian Pietro, Rick Garcia, Aaron Sorkin, Kymberly Newberry, Greg Poland, Jennifer Crystal Foley, Arthur Senzy, Nick Toth, Jorge Noa, Maud Winchester, Jeffrey Anderson, Suzanne Michaels, Mark Thompson, David Drew Gallagher, Todd Odom, Michael G. Alexander, , Leslie Bega, Anthony Backman, Jan Citron, Arthur Eckdahl, Roger Ferreira, Jill Gable, Matt Gulbranson, Ralph Moratz, Mark Norris, Roger Steffens, Helen Thomas, Ray Uhlershow all
“The American President” Quotes 23 quotes
“Somewhere in Libya right now, a janitor's working the night shift at Libyan Intelligence Headquarters. He's going about doing his job... because he has no idea, in about an hour he's going to die in a massive explosion. He's just going about his job, because he has no idea that about an hourago I gave an order to have him killed. You've just...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- President Andrew Shepherd: Do you think there will ever be a time when you can stand in a room with me and not think of me as the President?
- Sydney Ellen Wade: This isn't a state of mind. You are the President. And when I'm in a room with you, oval or any other shape, I'm always gonna be a lobbyist, and you're always gonna be the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“How do you have patience for people who claim they love America, but clearly can't stand Americans?”
“- A.J. MacInerney: Mr.President, this is an electionyear. If you're looking for female companionship, we can make certain arrangements that will ensure total privacy.
- President Andrew Shepherd: I don't want you to get me a girl, A.J.! What is this, Vegas?
- A.J. MacInerney: No sir, this is the White House.”
“- Sydney Ellen Wade: Oh, Andy, a C minus in Women's Studies.
- President Andrew Shepherd: Yeah, well, that class wasn't about what I thought it was about.”
“- Leon Kodak: You see, the country has mood swings.
- Lewis Rothschild: Mood swings? Nineteen post-graduate degrees in mathematics, and your best explanation for going from a 63 to a 46 percent approval rating in five weeks is mood swings?
- Leon Kodak: Well, I could explain it better, but I'd need charts, and graphs, and an easel.”
“- Robin McCall: It's Christmas.
- Lewis Rothschild: It's Christmas?
- Leon Kodak: Yeah. You didn't get the memo?”
- Sydney Ellen Wade: Two hundred pairs of eyes are focused on you with two questions on their minds: "who's this girl", and "why is the President dancing with her?".
- President Andrew Shepherd: Well, first of all, the two hundred pairs of eyes aren't focused on me. They're focused on you. And the answers are Sydney Ellen Wade, and because she... (continue)(continue reading)
“- President Andrew Shepherd: I'm going over to her house. I'm going to stand outside her door until she let's me in, and I'm not leaving 'til I get her back.
- A.J. MacInerney: How are you going to do that, sir?
- President Andrew Shepherd: Well, I haven't worked that out yet, but I'm sure groveling will be involved.”
“- President Andrew Shepherd: [over the phone] Listen, I feel terrible about this, but I'm going to have to cancel our date tonight.
- Sydney Ellen Wade: Another woman?
- President Andrew Shepherd: No, I've gotta go to St. Louis to avert a massive airline strike.
- Sydney Ellen Wade: Boy, if I had a nickel for every time I've heard that one.”
“- President René Jean D'Astier: In my country, a guest at the palace of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette would soon find their head in a guillotine if they made the impertinent gesture of dancing without so much as a by-your-leave from the King and the Queen.
- A.J. MacInerney: I bet no one accused Louis of being soft on crime.
- Sydney Ellen Wade...” (continue)(continue reading)