Promises quotes261 promises quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I can't promise you that I will bring you all home alive. But this I swear, before you and before Almighty God, that when we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead or alive, we will all come home together. So help me, God.”
“There are at least a dozen good brood mares in that mob. I'll be back for them... and for whatever else is mine.”
“- Arnold Stoner: [to wife, off camera] Sweetheart, I'll talk to him.
- Arnold Stoner: [to Anthony, as he makes a fruit smoothie] Son, your mother and me would like for you to cozy up to the Finkelstein boy. He's a brightkid, and, uh... he's going to military school, and... remember, he was an Eagle Scout...
- Mrs. Tempest Stoner: Arnold...
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Russell Quinton: I loved you.
- Ellen Berent Harland: That's a concession.
- Russell Quinton: And I'm still in love with you.
- Ellen Berent Harland: That's a tribute.
- Russell Quinton: And I always will be. Remember that.
- Ellen Berent Harland: Russ, is that a threat?”
“- Susannah: Were you going to say goodbye? Tristan? How long will you be gone?
- Tristan: Not long. A few months.
- Susannah: I can make it better for you.
- Tristan: No.
- Susannah: If we'd had a child or if I were pregnant, would you still be going?
- Tristan: Yes.
- Susannah: Just give me a chance.
- Tristan: Don't do that.
- Susannah: Look...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Effie Trinket: Promise me you'll find it.
- Katniss Everdeen: Find what?
- Effie Trinket: The life of a Victor.”
“Swear to me. Swear to me that if it isn't dead, we'll all come back.”
In a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying “Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness”.
“- Gilbert: Come on down. Come on! There you go. All right. Thanks a lot. Really sorry. Good. Good boy. Good boy. Now, I'm gonna take him home. I promise it won't happen again.
- Sheriff: Son, we hear this every time. Then after a couple of days he's right back up there again.
- Gilbert: Yeah, but this is the last time. Right, buddy?
- Arnie:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Gabi Silva: I think we're going to get bored of each other.
- Martin Hallock: That's okay. You know, bored is okay.
- Gabi Silva: We're going to resent each other, too.
- Martin Hallock: We'll remind each other why we're worth it.
- Gabi Silva: I will disappoint you.
- Martin Hallock: I will disappoint you.
- Gabi Silva: You promise?
- Martin...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I've never seen my sister this happy, Ian. If you hurt her, I'll kill you and make it look like an accident.”
“The nature of promises is that they remain immune to changing circumstances.”
“All men should keep their word, kings most of all.”
Sidney, conjugate me a verb. For instance, "to promise".
“A gentleman's quote is a gentleman's word.”
“Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America.”
“Promise can never be an end in itself.”
“- Bernardo: I want to help you
- St. Francis of Assisi: Words, words Bernardo. There was a time when I believed in words.”