Promises quotes258 promises quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I can't promise you that I will bring you all home alive. But this I swear, before you and before Almighty God, that when we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead or alive, we will all come home together. So help me, God.”
“There are at least a dozen good brood mares in that mob. I'll be back for them... and for whatever else is mine.”
“- Arnold Stoner: [to wife, off camera] Sweetheart, I'll talk to him.
- Arnold Stoner: [to Anthony, as he makes a fruit smoothie] Son, your mother and me would like for you to cozy up to the Finkelstein boy. He's a brightkid, and, uh... he's going to military school, and... remember, he was an Eagle Scout...
- Mrs. Tempest Stoner: Arnold...
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Russell Quinton: I loved you.
- Ellen Berent Harland: That's a concession.
- Russell Quinton: And I'm still in love with you.
- Ellen Berent Harland: That's a tribute.
- Russell Quinton: And I always will be. Remember that.
- Ellen Berent Harland: Russ, is that a threat?”
“Swear to me. Swear to me that if it isn't dead, we'll all come back.”
“I've never seen my sister this happy, Ian. If you hurt her, I'll kill you and make it look like an accident.”
Sidney, conjugate me a verb. For instance, "to promise".
“A gentleman's quote is a gentleman's word.”
“Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America.”
“- Gabi Silva: I think we're going to get bored of each other.
- Martin Hallock: That's okay. You know, bored is okay.
- Gabi Silva: We're going to resent each other, too.
- Martin Hallock: We'll remind each other why we're worth it.
- Gabi Silva: I will disappoint you.
- Martin Hallock: I will disappoint you.
- Gabi Silva: You promise?
- Martin...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Promise can never be an end in itself.”
“- Bernardo: I want to help you
- St. Francis of Assisi: Words, words Bernardo. There was a time when I believed in words.”
“- Tom: Life is more than just what is. It’s what could be. What you could make it. You need to promise them dreams that may never come true. You need to love them knowing that you may lose them at any second. Okay? They deserve dreams. They deserve love. They deservehope. They deserve a mother. They deserve a mother. You haven’t given them...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If something happens to me, I want you to take care of my baby.”
“- Susannah: Were you going to say goodbye? Tristan? How long will you be gone?
- Tristan: Not long. A few months.
- Susannah: I can make it better for you.
- Tristan: No.
- Susannah: If we'd had a child or if I were pregnant, would you still be going?
- Tristan: Yes.
- Susannah: Just give me a chance.
- Tristan: Don't do that.
- Susannah: Look...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Relax, your in the perfect job. There's no better way to make it than behind 3 feet of mahogany.”
“- Annie: I promised Elvis he could help. I even did a spit shake.
- Glenn: You did a spit shake with someone? Man that is serious.”
“I am your redemer! It is by my hand you will rise from the ashes of this world!”