Richard Stephen Dreyfuss quotes
“I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?”
“- Pete Sandich: Love! Ain't what it used to be.
- Al Yackey: Oh there's only ever been two kinds: There's lash fires, which are all flame, burn themselves out and leave nothing. Then there's the long burning. That is nature's burn. Even when you think it's out, the forest floor is warm to the touch. That's the kind you and Dorinda got.
- Pete...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Did I win? Did I win? Son of a bitch! God likes me! He really, really, likes me! What a day! What a fabulous day!”
“- Jay Trotter: May I... buy you a drink?
- Mrs. Davis: I don't see why not. I'm on the pill.”
“- Bob Wiley: What are we doing?
- Dr. Leo Marvin: Death therapy, Bob. It's a guaranteed cure.”
“My worst fear is that I'll end up living in some run-down duplex on Wilshire wearing pants hiked up to my nipples and muttering under my breath.”
“- Marty: Eight's the one, I'd stake my life on it.
- Jay Trotter: They've got a $2 minimum bet.”
“Why don't skeletons play music in church? Because they got no organs.”
- Glenn Holland: These tests are pathetic. "Name an American composer." Miss Swedlin, your answer was?
- Ms. Swedlin: Bach?
- Glenn Holland: Johann Sebastian Bach. Oh, this... this is my favorite one. "How do you know what key a concerto is in?" Mr. Mims, your answer was "Look on the front page", question mark. Now, this question mark. Was that... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Principal Helen Jacobs: Next week, I have a meeting with the school board. And there are people in this community who believe that rock and roll is a message sent from the devil himself. Now when that issue comes up, what can I tell them?
- Glenn Holland: Mrs. Jacobs, you tell them that I am teaching music, and that I will use anything from...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Guildenstern: Wasn't that the end?
- The Player: You call that an ending? - with practically everyone still on his feet? My goodness, no - over your dead body!”
“- Mrs. Davis: There's a fine line between winning and losing.
- Jay Trotter: Yeah. The finish line.”
“Although I hadn't seen him in more than ten years, I know I'll miss him forever.”
“- Dr. Leo Marvin: Are you married?
- Bob Wiley: I'm divorced.
- Dr. Leo Marvin: Would you like to talk about that?
- Bob Wiley: There are two types of people in this world: those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him.
- Dr. Leo Marvin: I see. So, what you're saying is that even though you are an almost-paralyzed,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- James: We'll always be together, right?
- Centipede: Kid, you're stuck with us, for life.”
“- Dr. Leo Marvin: That patient, the one who called before, he committed suicide.
- Fay Marvin: Oh, Leo, how horrible.
- Dr. Leo Marvin: Oh well, let's not let it spoil our vacation.”
“I did live between two pages of The National Geographic. Very informative magazine, the National Geographic. Lots of nice pictures.”
“- Vice Principal Gene Wolters: I care about these kids just as much as you do. And if I'm forced to choose between Mozart and reading and writing and long division, I choose long division.
- Glenn Holland: Well, I guess you can cut the arts as much as you want, Gene. Sooner or later, these kids aren't going to have anything to read or write about.”