15 Movie Quotes About New Year's Eve
Happy New Year!
New Year's Eve has always been a massive event filled with celebratory champagne toasts and plenty of fun New Year's traditions. But why? New Year celebrations hold a great significance. We always give special attention to new things in life. The New Year is considered pretty important by many as it signifies the beginning, a new 365-day journey where everything seems possible. We tend to believe that it is a new start and are motivated to change things that we don't like so we set new year resolutions. New year new me right? What is your New Year's resolution?
From the TV Series: Orange Is the New Black
“This year I’m lovin’ someone who deserves me. Me.”
Uzo Aduba - Suzanne 'Crazy Eyes' Warren
From the movie: La La Land
Bill-Yeah, I see the decorations. Good luck in the New Year.”
J. K. Simmons - Bill
Ryan Gosling - Sebastian
From the movie: The Art of Self-Defense
“- Sensei: Why karate? A.) Health & fitness; B.) Career opportunities; C.) New Year's resolution; D.) Self-defense/traumatic event.
- Casey: What if it's none of the above?
- Sensei: Should I read the choices again?
- Casey: No, that's okay. A - health and fitness.”
Alessandro Nivola - Sensei
Jesse Eisenberg - Casey
From the movie: Carol
“- Carol Aird: Harge and I never spend New Year's Eve together. There's always a business function, always clients to entertain.
- Therese Belivet: I've always spent it alone. In crowds.”
Cate Blanchett - Carol Aird
Rooney Mara - Therese Belivet
From the movie: 10,000 Saints
“- Les: So you got any New Year resolutions, Princess Di?
- Diane: Yes.
- Les: What are they?
- Diane: To stop dating my dealer.
- Les: Now why would you do that? With me you get the whole package: sex and drugs.”
Ethan Hawke - Les
Emily Mortimer - Diane
From the movie: The Age of Adaline
“- New Year's Eve Stranger: Isn't there some sort of tradition, if you're alone on New Year's Eve, that you're supposed to kiss a stranger?
- Adaline Bowman: [laughs]
- New Year's Eve Stranger: Dammit, you've heard it before?
- Adaline Bowman: Just once, from a young Bing Crosby.”
Mark Ghanimé - New Year's Eve Stranger
Blake Lively - Adaline Bowman
From the movie: That Thing You Do!
“- Guy Patterson: When was the last time you were decently kissed? I mean, truly, truly, good and kissed?
- Faye Dolan: Dave Gammelgard, New Year's Eve, '61.”
Tom Everett Scott - Guy Patterson
Liv Tyler - Faye Dolan
From the movie: The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!
“- Frank Drebin: It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.
- Jane Spencer: Goodyear?
- Frank Drebin: No, the worst.”
Leslie William Nielsen - Frank Drebin
Priscilla Presley - Jane Spencer
From the movie: Alfie
“In a flash I have my new year's resolution - aim higher.”
Jude Law - Alfie
From the movie: Heavenly Creatures
“My new year's resolution is a far more selfish one than last year. It is to make my motto, eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow, you may be dead.”
Melanie Lynskey - Pauline Parker
From the movie: 200 Cigarettes
“Everybody's having fun out here. They drinking, they fighting, they pissing on the streets. It's New Year's Eve. They loving the ladies.”
Dave Chappelle - Disco Cabbie
From the movie: 200 Cigarettes
“- Kevin: I'm just gonna go home and kill myself. You wanna share a cab?
- Lucy: So I can pass out and wake up alone on New Year's Day?”
Paul Rudd - Kevin
Courtney Love - Lucy
From the movie: Radio Days
“- Abe: Only creeps and crazy people go out on New Year's Eve.
- Ceil: Then you should definitely go out, Abe.”
Josh Mostel - Abe
Renée Lippin - Ceil
From the movie: Peter's Friends
- Andrew: Let's try to be nice to each other. Cause it's New Year's fucking Eve, isn't it? New Year's fucking Eve, in Peter's fucking mansion, where Peter gets to be the lord of the manor, and I get to regret ever leaving England!
- Peter Morton: Andrew I know this isn't you speaking, this is "drunk you".
Andrew is furiously drunk and spewing hateful comments at everyone, causing arguments between the others
Sir Kenneth Branagh - Andrew
Stephen Fry - Peter Morton
From the movie: Bullets Over Broadway
“- Helen Sinclair: I haven't had a drink since New Year's Eve.
- Sid Loomis: You're talking Chinese New Year's.
- Helen Sinclair: Naturally. Still, that's two days, Sid! You know how long that is for me?”
Dianne Wiest - Helen Sinclair
Harvey Forbes Fierstein - Sid Loomis