Denzel Washington quotes
“I don't scratch my head unless it itches and I don't dance unless I hear some music.”
“There are two kinds of pain in this world. The pain that hurts, the pain that alters.”
“If we don't come together right now on this hallowed ground, we too will be destroyed, just like they were. I don't care if you like each other of not, but you will respect each other. And maybe... I don't know, maybe we'll learn to play this game like men.”
“You know I'm surgical with this bitch, Jake. How do you want it, dog? Closed casket? Remember that fool in the wheelchair? How do you think he got there?”
“- Nick Styles: Do it for your mother.
- Odessa: What about my mother, motherfucker?
- Nick Styles: Your mother, nigga! The one that died of a broken heart, praying with my father every night over your sorry ass. The one that buried your kid brother without his head because they couldn't find it. Don't play me, Odessa.”
“- Gray Grantham: Do you want to talk about the brief?
- Darby Shaw: Everyone I have told about the brief is dead.
- Gray Grantham: I take my chances.”
“- Alice: You lied to me.
- Nick Styles: I didn't lie to you. I just didn't tell the whole truth.
- Alice: You're such a lawyer.”
“They killed my friend. So I’m going to kill each and every one of them. And the only disappointment is that I only get to do it once.”
“A man is supposed to take care of his family. You live in my house, feed your belly with my food, put your behind on my bed because you're my son. It's my duty to take care of you, I owe a responsibility to you, I ain't got to like you! Now, I gave everything I got to give you! I gave you your life! Me and your Mama worked out between us and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“the purpose of war is to serve a political end but the true nature of war is to serve itself.”
“I guess a Beretta in the butt beats a butterfly in a boot, huh?”
“I'm an officer, and therefore, by proclamation, a gentleman, but don't abuse that, son. Don't get in my crosshairs, because I'll have no compunction whatsoever about getting up to my neck in yo' ass. Do you understand me?”
“You can beat or jail me or even kill me, but I am not going to be what you want me to be!”
“- Matt Weston: Are you going to kill me?
- Tobin Frost: I only kill professionals.”
“- Edwin Newman: She sounds almost too good to be true.
- Gray Grantham: She almost is.”