Festivity quotes20 festivity quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I think people are going to remember this night. What happened around this manger will be celebrated for thousands of years. Families will come together and exchange presents and sing carols all to remember the grace of this moment that we are witnessing right now.”
“God made countries, God makes kings, and the rules by which they govern. And those rules say that the Sabbath is His. And I for one intend to keep it that way.”
“Couples should never split up between Thanksgiving and January 2nd. Always have a relationship to see you through the holidays. Always.”
“I've always suspected that everyone else is having a far merrier Christmas than I am.”
“- Jeremy Collier: The Indians saved the Pilgrims from starvin' to death, so the Pilgrims invited the Indians to share their first harvest feast.
- Maurine Collier: Well, I'm sure the Indians were all Christians by then.
- Jeremy Collier: Oh no, they weren't.”
“You're skipping Christmas! Isn't that against the law?”
“Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist.”
“Nobody means what they say on Thanksgiving, mom. You know that. That's what the day's supposed to be all about, right? Torture.”
“- Gwen Jackson: Happy Halloween, Corny!
- Corny: Oh... I'm not a pagan, but thanks all the same.”
“I wish they could would make Thanksgiving on a Sunday. Then everyone could go to a service before they eat with their families. It'd be more religious, like it was with the Pilgrims.”
“Merry Christmas, if I don't ever see you again. You have a nice life, Claudia.”
“- Lina: Tonight is Shabbat.
- Jakob: Great. We'll fast like every other night.”
“- Dylan Piper: Why can't you find a more normal holiday to get hung up on? Like... Arbor Day! Trees are important too, you know.
- Marnie Piper: Halloween is cool, nature boy! It's ancient, it's strange, and, besides, Mom and Dad met on Halloween.
- Dylan Piper: Shhh! What're you doing? You know talking about Dad always bugsMom out.”
“- Miss Purdah: Eldona, you know he's not supposed to see you this special day?
- Chris Thorne: Special day? What is it - Halloween?”