Bruce Willis quotes
“They are now face-to-face with the most fearsome military machine in the history of man, and I intend to use it and be back on base in time for the playoffs.”
“Tend to view our lives as if we're looking through a keyhole. It's a very limited view of the truth. So we have to fill in the blanks. We invent things. You invent enemies to test your strength against. You invent gods to protect you from these enemies. Who is the enemy? One minute you have friends. The next moment, they've slipped away.”
“- Zeus Carver: You know this guy Simon we're talking to?
- John McClane: Yeah. I threw his little brother off the thirty-second floor of Nakatomi Towers out in L.A. I guess he's a little pissed off about it.
- Zeus Carver: Wait a minute. You mean to tell me I'm in this shit 'cause some white cop threw some white asshole's brother off a roof?”
- Zeus Carver: Why you keep calling me Jésus? I look Puerto Rican to you?
- John McClane: Guy back there called you Jésus.
- Zeus Carver: He didn't say Jésus. He said, "Hey, Zeus"! My name is Zeus.
- John McClane: Zeus?
- Zeus Carver: Yeah, Zeus! As in, father of Apollo? Mt. Olympus? Don't fuck with me or I'll shove a lightning bolt up your ass?... (continue)(continue reading)
“My wife heard me say I love you a thousand times, but she never once heard me say sorry.”
“- Hans Gruber: Do you really think you have a chance against us, Mr. Cowboy?
- John McClane: Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker.”
“- Frank: Is that a stick of dynamite in your pocket?
- Marvin: Yeah, but I'm saving it for emergency.”
“- Joe Matheson: I never thought this would happen to me.
- Frank Moses: What?
- Joe Matheson: Getting old.”
“First you lose your girl. Now you're gonna lose your head. You're running out of shit to lose.”
“You're not gonna die today.”
“- John McClane: Jack, what the fuck was that?
- Jack McClane: Just shut up, John, or, I swear to God, I will put a bullet in you this time.
- John McClane: Who do you think you're talkin' to?
- Jack McClane: The last person I wanna see.”
- Paul: Happy anniversary Jim.
- Jimmy: I don't celebrate anniversaries.
- Paul: Jim, open it up. I wanna see the expression on your face.
- Jimmy: You wanna see the expression on my face? The expression you're gonna see on my face is "fuck you".
“Sometimes the truth doesn't matter like it ought.”
“It's a funny thing. No matter how low you sink there's still a right and wrong. You always end up choosing. You go one way so you can try to live with yourself. You go the other, you'd still be walkin' around, but you're dead and you don't even know it.”
“- Insp. Walter Cobb: We'll be back to pick you up in fifteen minutes.
- John McClane: Take your time. I expect to be dead in four.”
“If a human does happen to see you, just lay down, roll over and give your privates a good licking. They love it!”
“Six weeks ago, I spoke harshly to a patient and she committed suicide. Right in front of me. Perhaps she would have done this anyway. That's what my colleagues say. But I don't know.”