Tom Cruise quotes
“Someday? Someday my dream will come? One night you will wake up and discover it never happened. It's all turned around on you. It never will. Suddenly you are old. Didn't happen, and it never will, because you were never going to do it anyway. You'll push it into memory and then zone out in your barco lounger, being hypnotized by daytimeTV for...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Someday. That's a dangerous word. It's really just a code for 'never'.”
“Benji, we're trying to keep a low profile. You want drama, go to the opera.”
“- Lt. Sam Weinberg: Nobody likes the whites, but we're going to Cuba. You got Dramamine?
- Lt. Daniel Kaffee: Dramamine keeps you cool?
- Lt. Sam Weinberg: No, Dramamine keeps you from throwing up. You get sick when you fly.
- Lt. Daniel Kaffee: I get sick when I fly because I'm afraid of crashing into a large mountain. I don't think...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Raymond Babbitt: 246 total.
- Charlie Babbitt: How many?
- Sally Dibbs: 250.
- Charlie Babbitt: Pretty close.
- Sally Dibbs: There's four left in the box.”
“I tried to prove myself to you, but I know nothing of books, or alphabets, or sun, or moon or… All I know is Joseph loves Shannon.”
“We walk, and Afghanistan reverts back to the Taliban. Only now the Taliban has metastasized into something infinitely more vicious and potent because they're now 2-0 versus superpowers. They butcher the people who helped us, who voted and were stupid enough to put their faith in our word. So call it not only the end of hope for 10s of millions...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Maverick: Mustang, this is Maverick, requesting fly-by.
- Air Boss Johnson: Negative, Ghost Rider. The Pattern is full.
- Merlin: Uh, excuse me, something I should know about?
- Air Boss Johnson: [gets his coffee] Thank you.
[Maverick does a fly-by past the Enterprise, causing Air Boss Johnson to spill his coffee]
- Air Boss Johnson: Goddamn...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves.”
- Miles: Sometimes you gotta say "What the fuck", make your move. Joel, every now and then, saying "What the fuck" brings freedom. Freedom brings opportunity, opportunity makes your future. So, your parents are going out of town. You got the place all to yourself.
- Joel Goodson: Yeah.
- Miles: What the fuck.
“I'm a soldier, but in serving my country, I have betrayed my conscience.”
“You see the dilemma don't you. If you don't kill me, precogs were wrong and precrime is over. If you do kill me, you go away, but it proves the system works. The precogs were right. So, what are you going to do now? What's it worth?”
“- Bonnie: Please, I don't want to end it this way.
- Brian: Jesus, everything ends badly, otherwise it wouldn't end.”
“You bitch! Why didn't you just tell me it was a Rum and Coke?!”
“- Kittridge: I can understand you're very upset.
- Ethan Hunt: Kitridge, you've never seen me very upset.
- Kittridge: All right, Hunt. Enough is enough. You have bribed, cajoled, and killed, and you have done it using loyalties on the inside. You want to shake hands with the devil, that's fine with me. I just want to make sure that you do it in...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There is some comfort in the emptiness of the sea, no past, no future.”
“- Raymond Babbitt: Definitely have to dance on my date. Have to learn how to dance. Definitely. Now.
- Charlie Babbitt: Ray, you're not gonna have to dance, but I will teach you sometime.
- Raymond Babbitt: Definitely have to dance with Iris.
- Charlie Babbitt: Sorry I even brought this up. You're right, Ray, you got a date with the only famous...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If I send him on this mission he might never come home. If I don’t send him, he’ll never forgive me.”