Robert De Niro quotes
“There's nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself.”
“Now you're insulting my intelligence; what you think I am, a fuckin' idiot? You know goddamn well that someone had to get into those machines and set those fuckin' reels. The probability of one four-reel machine is a million and a half to one; the probability of three machines in a row; it's in the billions! It cannot happen, would not happen,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Whispers DiTullio: To tell you the truth, I'm a little concerned.
- Frank Sheeran: [narrating] Whenever anybody says they're a little concerned, they're very concerned.
- Whispers DiTullio: As a matter of fact, I'm really more than a little concerned.
- Frank Sheeran: [narrating] And when they say they're more than a little concerned, they're...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.”
“- Jonathan Mardukas: Come on, cigarettes are killers.
- Jack Walsh: So are women.”
“She'll never divorce him. She'll kill him but she won't divorce him.”
“It don't take much strength to pull a trigger but try getting up every morning day after day and work for a living, let's see him try that, then we'll see who the real tough guy is, the working man is the tough guy.”
“The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.”
“- Rodrigo Mendoza: Father, I've come to ask you to bless me.
- Father Gabriel: No. If you're right, you'll have God's blessing. If you're wrong, my blessing won't mean anything.”
“Nowadays, young people, they don't know who Jimmy Hoffa was. They don't have a clue. I mean, maybe they know that he disappeared or something, but that's about it. But back then, there wasn't nobody in this country who didn't know who Jimmy Hoffa was.”
“- Arthur Fleck: Murray, one small thing?
- Murray Franklin: Yeah?
- Arthur Fleck: When you bring me out, can you introduce me as Joker?”
“November is the cruelest month of the year.”
“- Alfredo Berlinghieri: Where's my father's gun?
- Olmo Dalco: I have hidden it.
- Alfredo Berlinghieri: You'd better be careful. If you don't use it, it gets rusty.”
“- Regina: Make me cum. Make me cum. Make me cum.
- Alfredo Berlinghieri: Come on, you can't cum. An elephant couldn't make you cum.
- Regina: All I need is a real man!”
“You made me wait 30 years to prove to the world I could kick your ass! And that's what I'm going to do, kick your ass!”
“- Gil Renard: Don't you talk back to me. You show me some respect. Without people like me, you're nothing. We're the ones that get you your 40 fuckin' million!
- Bobby Rayburn: Look, what do you want?
- Gil Renard: What do I want? I want every time they think of you they're gonna think of me.”
“You should feel nothing but great about what you've done, and I'd hate to see you let anyone take that away from you.”
She told me on her deathbed: “you get back out there again”.