Robert De Niro quotes
“There's nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself.”
“Now you're insulting my intelligence; what you think I am, a fuckin' idiot? You know goddamn well that someone had to get into those machines and set those fuckin' reels. The probability of one four-reel machine is a million and a half to one; the probability of three machines in a row; it's in the billions! It cannot happen, would not happen,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Whispers DiTullio: To tell you the truth, I'm a little concerned.
- Frank Sheeran: [narrating] Whenever anybody says they're a little concerned, they're very concerned.
- Whispers DiTullio: As a matter of fact, I'm really more than a little concerned.
- Frank Sheeran: [narrating] And when they say they're more than a little concerned, they're...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.”
Nobody's gonna love you the way I loved you. There were times I couldn't stand it any more. I used to think of you. I'd think, "Deborah lives. She's out there. She exists". And that would get me through it all. You know how important that was to me?
“- Jonathan Mardukas: Come on, cigarettes are killers.
- Jack Walsh: So are women.”
“She'll never divorce him. She'll kill him but she won't divorce him.”
“It don't take much strength to pull a trigger but try getting up every morning day after day and work for a living, let's see him try that, then we'll see who the real tough guy is, the working man is the tough guy.”
“They're war slogans. We remember the slogans, we can't even remember the fucking wars. You know why? That's show business. Naked girl covered in Napalm. 'V for Victory'. Five Marines raising the flag. You remember the picture 50 years from now, you'll have forgotten the war. The Gulf War, smart bomb falling down a chimney. 2500 missions a day,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.”
“- Rodrigo Mendoza: Father, I've come to ask you to bless me.
- Father Gabriel: No. If you're right, you'll have God's blessing. If you're wrong, my blessing won't mean anything.”
“Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat, if you feel the heat around the corner.”
“Nowadays, young people, they don't know who Jimmy Hoffa was. They don't have a clue. I mean, maybe they know that he disappeared or something, but that's about it. But back then, there wasn't nobody in this country who didn't know who Jimmy Hoffa was.”
“- Arthur Fleck: Murray, one small thing?
- Murray Franklin: Yeah?
- Arthur Fleck: When you bring me out, can you introduce me as Joker?”
“November is the cruelest month of the year.”
“- Alfredo Berlinghieri: Where's my father's gun?
- Olmo Dalco: I have hidden it.
- Alfredo Berlinghieri: You'd better be careful. If you don't use it, it gets rusty.”
“- Regina: Make me cum. Make me cum. Make me cum.
- Alfredo Berlinghieri: Come on, you can't cum. An elephant couldn't make you cum.
- Regina: All I need is a real man!”