Religion quotes259 religion quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Red: That's what I am. I'm just a hermit crab changin' shells.
- Dale Denton: Except if you're a dick your whole life, your next shell will be made of shit, okay? If you're an asshole, you're gonna come back as a cockroach or a worm or a fuckin' anal bead, okay? If you're a man and you act heroic, you'll come back as an eagle. You'll come back...” (continue)(continue reading)
“When does fiction become religion?”
“You may be shocked by these words, but I have eaten from the same plate, drunk from the same glass and prayed to the same God with fellow Muslims whose eyes were blue, whose hair was blond and whose skin was the whitest of whites. And we are brothers, truly.”
“I was very ill last summer. For a while, I thought I was a goner. I woke up one night in my hospital bed, and I saw, standing there, a tall man, wearing a white robe, with a long white beard. I said, 'Who are you?' He said, 'I am the HolyGhost.' I said, 'Where are the Father and the Son?' He said, 'They're out of town.' I'm not a religious man,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Maybe God has chosen something bigger for me. Something I wouldn’t have chosen for myself.”
“We paint with brushes, and He paints with a billion stars and a trillion galaxies.”
“You can’t cherry pick the bible, choosing which parts you want to believe.”
“The way she saw it, too much religion could be as bad as too little, maybe even worse; but moderation was just not in her husband’s nature.”
“If it turns out that there IS a God, I don't think that he's evil. I think that the worst you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever.”
“- Ben Harper: What religion do you profess, preacher?
- Rev. Harry Powell: The religion the Almighty and me worked out betwixt us.”
“People don't talk about religion a lot in Hollywood because it's not an incredibly safe place to do it.”
“- Professor Fred Lieberman: Millions of people nowadays are religious only in the vaguest sense. I've often wondered why the Jews among them still go on calling themselves Jews. Do you know, Mr. Green?
- Phil Green: No, but I'd like to.
- Professor Fred Lieberman: Because the world still makes it an advantage not to be one. Thus it becomes a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sherlock Holmes: When a man collects books on a subject, they're usually grouped together, but notice, your King James Bible, your Book of Mormon, and Koran are separate, across the room in fact, from your Hebrew Bible and Talmud, which sit on your desk. Now these books have a special importance for you not connected with a general study of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Miss Piggott! Please keep in mind that it's Sunday, and this is a Catholic country!”
“- William Cecil: Madam, if I may speak? While she is on this island, she must bow to you, not to Rome. Our Catholics must know that a papist will never again sit on the English throne.
- Queen Elizabeth I: What would you suggest?
- William Cecil: Kill her hope, and hopeless, she may return to the comfort of the continent.”
“I’m a religious woman, there’s no question, but I have also been to medical school. And, well, you can say that I hold science in one hand and God in the other, and that is not always an easy balance.”