Religion quotes269 religion quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Red: That's what I am. I'm just a hermit crab changin' shells.
- Dale Denton: Except if you're a dick your whole life, your next shell will be made of shit, okay? If you're an asshole, you're gonna come back as a cockroach or a worm or a fuckin' anal bead, okay? If you're a man and you act heroic, you'll come back as an eagle. You'll come back...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You want forgiveness? Get religion.”
“- Frollo: Shall we review your alphabet today?
- Quasimodo: Oh, yes, Master. I would like that very much.
- Frollo: Very well. A?
- Quasimodo: Abomination.
- Frollo: B?
- Quasimodo: Blasphemy?
- Frollo: C?
- Quasimodo: C-C-Contrition.
- Frollo: D?
- Quasimodo: Damnation?
- Frollo: E?
- Quasimodo: Eternal damnation.
- Frollo: Good. F?
- Quasimodo...” (continue)(continue reading)
“When does fiction become religion?”
“- Dr. Harry Adams: Are you a religious man, Norman?
- Dr. Norman Goodman: Atheist, but I'm flexible.”
“You may be shocked by these words, but I have eaten from the same plate, drunk from the same glass and prayed to the same God with fellow Muslims whose eyes were blue, whose hair was blond and whose skin was the whitest of whites. And we are brothers, truly.”
“I was very ill last summer. For a while, I thought I was a goner. I woke up one night in my hospital bed, and I saw, standing there, a tall man, wearing a white robe, with a long white beard. I said, 'Who are you?' He said, 'I am the HolyGhost.' I said, 'Where are the Father and the Son?' He said, 'They're out of town.' I'm not a religious man,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“He is of mixed religion, therefore he is godless.”
“Cause your people, your class, and my religion is quite similar actually, because you just cannot wash it out, right, because it, it come out your mother's tits.”
“Nothing pisses God off more than exercising free will.”
“Jane Hawking-So, I take it you've never been to church?
Stephen Hawking-Once upon a time.
Jane Hawking-Tempted to convert?
Stephen Hawking-I have a slight problem with the celestial dictatorship premise.”
“Silence can also be a prayer.”
“He wouldn't know God if he crawled up his pant leg and bit him on the pecker.”
“Maybe God has chosen something bigger for me. Something I wouldn’t have chosen for myself.”
“We paint with brushes, and He paints with a billion stars and a trillion galaxies.”
“You can’t cherry pick the bible, choosing which parts you want to believe.”