Religion quotes275 religion quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Professor Fred Lieberman: Millions of people nowadays are religious only in the vaguest sense. I've often wondered why the Jews among them still go on calling themselves Jews. Do you know, Mr. Green?
- Phil Green: No, but I'd like to.
- Professor Fred Lieberman: Because the world still makes it an advantage not to be one. Thus it becomes a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Red: That's what I am. I'm just a hermit crab changin' shells.
- Dale Denton: Except if you're a dick your whole life, your next shell will be made of shit, okay? If you're an asshole, you're gonna come back as a cockroach or a worm or a fuckin' anal bead, okay? If you're a man and you act heroic, you'll come back as an eagle. You'll come back...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You want forgiveness? Get religion.”
“- Frollo: Shall we review your alphabet today?
- Quasimodo: Oh, yes, Master. I would like that very much.
- Frollo: Very well. A?
- Quasimodo: Abomination.
- Frollo: B?
- Quasimodo: Blasphemy?
- Frollo: C?
- Quasimodo: C-C-Contrition.
- Frollo: D?
- Quasimodo: Damnation?
- Frollo: E?
- Quasimodo: Eternal damnation.
- Frollo: Good. F?
- Quasimodo...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It's rude to talk about religion. You never know who you're gonna offend.”
“When does fiction become religion?”
“- Dr. Harry Adams: Are you a religious man, Norman?
- Dr. Norman Goodman: Atheist, but I'm flexible.”
“You may be shocked by these words, but I have eaten from the same plate, drunk from the same glass and prayed to the same God with fellow Muslims whose eyes were blue, whose hair was blond and whose skin was the whitest of whites. And we are brothers, truly.”
“I was very ill last summer. For a while, I thought I was a goner. I woke up one night in my hospital bed, and I saw, standing there, a tall man, wearing a white robe, with a long white beard. I said, 'Who are you?' He said, 'I am the HolyGhost.' I said, 'Where are the Father and the Son?' He said, 'They're out of town.' I'm not a religious man,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I love it here. You can sing as loud as you want. That dude wails away on the organ. That dude up there tells stories. It's almost a religious experience!”
“God expected too much of me. Now I need to find my own path.”
“I'm afraid that God is speaking and no one is listening.”
“The only thing wrong with the seven deadly sins is that there aren't more of them.”
“He is of mixed religion, therefore he is godless.”
“Cause your people, your class, and my religion is quite similar actually, because you just cannot wash it out, right, because it, it come out your mother's tits.”
“Nothing pisses God off more than exercising free will.”