Religion quotes285 religion quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Gentleman's Agreement
“- Professor Fred Lieberman: Millions of people nowadays are religious only in the vaguest sense. I've often wondered why the Jews among them still go on calling themselves Jews. Do you know, Mr. Green?
- Phil Green: No, but I'd like to.
- Professor Fred Lieberman: Because the world still makes it an advantage not to be one. Thus it becomes a...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: The Big Short
- From the movie: Twelve Monkeys
- From the movie: Pineapple Express
“- Red: That's what I am. I'm just a hermit crab changin' shells.
- Dale Denton: Except if you're a dick your whole life, your next shell will be made of shit, okay? If you're an asshole, you're gonna come back as a cockroach or a worm or a fuckin' anal bead, okay? If you're a man and you act heroic, you'll come back as an eagle. You'll come back...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Garden State
- From the movie: American Gangster
- From the movie: Spider-Man 3
“You want forgiveness? Get religion.”
- From the animation: The Hunchback of Notre Dame
“- Frollo: Shall we review your alphabet today?
- Quasimodo: Oh, yes, Master. I would like that very much.
- Frollo: Very well. A?
- Quasimodo: Abomination.
- Frollo: B?
- Quasimodo: Blasphemy?
- Frollo: C?
- Quasimodo: C-C-Contrition.
- Frollo: D?
- Quasimodo: Damnation?
- Frollo: E?
- Quasimodo: Eternal damnation.
- Frollo: Good. F?
- Quasimodo...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Big Fish
“It's rude to talk about religion. You never know who you're gonna offend.”
- From the movie: In the Mouth of Madness
“When does fiction become religion?”
- From the movie: Sphere
“- Dr. Harry Adams: Are you a religious man, Norman?
- Dr. Norman Goodman: Atheist, but I'm flexible.”
- From the movie: Malcolm X
“You may be shocked by these words, but I have eaten from the same plate, drunk from the same glass and prayed to the same God with fellow Muslims whose eyes were blue, whose hair was blond and whose skin was the whitest of whites. And we are brothers, truly.”
“I was very ill last summer. For a while, I thought I was a goner. I woke up one night in my hospital bed, and I saw, standing there, a tall man, wearing a white robe, with a long white beard. I said, 'Who are you?' He said, 'I am the HolyGhost.' I said, 'Where are the Father and the Son?' He said, 'They're out of town.' I'm not a religious man,...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the TV Series: Anne
“Why must people kneel down to pray? If I really wanted to pray, I’ll tell you what I’d do. I’d go into a great big field, all alone, or into the deep, deep woods, and I’d look up into the sky, up-up-up, into that lovely blue sky without end, and I would just feel a prayer.”
- From the TV Series: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
“I haven’t had sex dreams since I converted to Judaism.”
I read a very funny headline in a satirical newspaper the other day about the earthquake in Turkey. It said "God Outdoes Terrorists Yet Again." Why God suddenly feels the need to kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people escapes me.
“You don't need religion to lead a happy and balanced life.”
“The Catholic Church should go to confession, not you!”
“I don't believe in God, and I think He knows.”
“The Lord Jesus Christ will be my judge.”
“Self-denial and mortification of the flesh; that's what brings us closer to God. ”
- From the movie: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
“Salaman-You're either with us or against us!
Philip-I'm not with you, neither am I against you!
Salaman-Can he do that?
Jack Sparrow-He's religious, I believe it's required.”
- From the TV Series: That '70s Show
- From the TV Series: That '70s Show
“I love it here. You can sing as loud as you want. That dude wails away on the organ. That dude up there tells stories. It's almost a religious experience!”