Tom Hanks quotes
“- Streebek: You know, Friday, we're allowed to go 55... On some occasions, even faster.
- Friday: I'm well aware of the federally mandated speed limit, Streebeck. But, did it ever occur to you that, by going eight miles an hour slower, we might save some gasoline and ease the burden on the poor taxpayers out there who pay our salaries?
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Why does it have to be human or divine? Maybe human is divine.”
“I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?”
My momma always said: "life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get".
“- Wolfgang Vogel: You treat us as stooges for the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics.
- James Donovan: Can we just call them 'the Russians' and save time?”
“You know, death is something many of us are uncomfortable speaking about.”
“There is no normal life that is free from pain.”
“- Lloyd Vogel: What's it like to be famous?
- Fred Rogers: Fame is a four-letter word. What matters is what we do with it.”
“I don't think anybody can grow unless he really is accepted exactly as he is.”
“I hope you know that you made today a very special day by just your being you. There's no one in the whole world like you, and I like you just the way you are.”
“- Fred Rogers: We are trying to give the world positive ways of dealing with their feelings.
- Lloyd Vogel: Yeah, like what?
- Fred Rogers: There are many things you can do. You can play all the lowest keys on a piano at the same time.”
“Anything mentionable is manageable.”
“- Woody: Okay, like it or not, you are a toy. Maybe you don’t like being one, but you are one nonetheless. Which means you are going to be there for Andy when he…
- Forky: Who’s Andy?
- Woody: I mean, Bonnie. You have to be there for Bonnie. That is your job.
- Forky: Well, what’s your job?
Woody: Well, right now, it’s to make sure you do yours.” (continue)(continue reading)
“Being there for a child is the most noble thing a toy can do.”
“I was made to help a child, I don't remember it being this hard.”
“I'll tell you the first problem. The names of your countries are too long.”
“- Ben Bradlee: We have to be the check on their power. If we don't hold them accountable, then, my God, who will?
- Kay Graham: Well, I've never smoked a cigar. And I have no problem holding Lyndon or Jack or Bob or any of them accountable. We can't hold them accountable if we don't have a newspaper.”
“- Joanne Herring: Why is Congress saying one thing and doing nothing?
- Charlie Wilson: Well, tradition mostly.”
- Sam Baldwin: What is "tiramisu"?
- Jay: You'll find out.
- Sam Baldwin: Well, what is it?
- Jay: You'll see!
- Sam Baldwin: Some woman is gonna want me to do it to her and I'm not gonna know what it is!
“- Walt Disney: You look at me and you see some kind of Hollywood King Midas. You think I've built and empire and I want your Mary Poppins as just another brick in my kingdom.
- P.L. Travers: And don't you?
- Walt Disney: Now, if that's all it was, would I have suckered up to a stubborn, cranky dame like you for twenty years? No, I'd have saved...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We live and we die by time, and we must not commit the sin of turning our back on time.”
“- Walt Disney: Please sit down.
- P.L. Travers: I shall not sit in the seat of a trickster! A fraudster! A sneak!
- Walt Disney: Mrs. Travers, what in the world has upset you so?
- P.L. Travers: Penguins have very much upset me! Animated, dancing penguins! Now, you have seduced me with the music, Mr. Disney, yes, you have. Those Sherman boys...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You know, the only couple I knew that both Kennedy and LBJ wanted to socialize with was you and your husband.”