Clint Eastwood quotes
“They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning.”
“I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice.”
“Michael Moore and I actually have a lot in common. We both appreciate living in a country where there's free expression. But Michael, if you ever show up at my front door with a camera, I'll kill you. I mean it.”
“What it's like to kill a man? Well, it's goddamn awful, that's what it is. The only thing worse is getting a medal for killing some poor kid, some scared little gook just like you. Not a day goes by that I don't think about it.”
“There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it is I'll get married again.”
- The "Schofield Kid": It don't seem real... how he ain't gonna never breathe again, ever... how he's dead. And the other one too. All on account of pulling a trigger.
- Bill Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
- The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.
- Bill Munny... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mitchell Gant: Aren't you gonna threaten me or something?
- First Secretary: I will do so, if that is what you wish. But first I will merely ask you to return what does not belong to you.”
“- David Ackerman: Do you think I like dragging around after you all day? I fucking hate it! And I hate the way you drive. And I hate your stinking whiskey breath.
- Nick Pulovski: And I hate your uptight regulation-spouting boy scout horseshit. And I hate the little fucking creases in your pants. And I hate these fucking donuts. These fruitcake...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sum'bitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down.”
“- Harry Callahan: Every day for the past ten years Loretta, there, has been giving me a large black coffee. Today she gives me a large black coffee, only it has sugar in it, a lotta sugar. I just came back to complain. Now, you boys put those guns down.
- Crook: Say what?
- Harry Callahan: Well, we're not just gonna let you walk out of here.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There's always the possibility that some asshole will be offended. Isn't there?”
“I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to rain, it will.”
“- Earl Stone: What? I thought you were dead. No such luck, I guess.
- Tim Kennedy: Let me tell you something. Did anyone ever tell you you're a bit of an asshole, Earl?
- Earl Stone: All the time. Even in Spanish. All the time.”
“Internet! Who needs it?”
“It's just time is all. I could buy everything, but I couldn't buy time.”
“The only people who want to live to 100 are 99 year olds.”
“I thought it was more important to be somebody out there than the damn failure I was here at my own home.”
“Are you sure you're Mexican? You're acting like you're under The Fuhrer or something.”
“For what it's worth, I'm sorry for everything.”
“Yeah next time you see me, I'll be texting my brains out!”
“- Captain Donnelly: 13,453 dollars and 63 cents. That's how much an unmarked squad car costs this department. That's the third goddamned car you trashed this month.
- Harry Callahan: Lou Janero.
- Captain Donnelly: What?
- Harry Callahan: It's his men who shot up the car, why don't you send him the bill?”