Eva Marie Saint quotes
“Actors can be good, say all these beautiful, wonderful things - but where does it come from? It comes from the writers, and people kind of forget that sometimes.”
“You reach a certain age, and you're so proud that you're walking and breathing and loving and working and all of that at 90.”
“- Eve Kendall: I want you to do a favor for me. A big, big favor.
- Roger Thornhill: Name it.
- Eve Kendall: I want you to leave right now, stay far away from me, and don't come near me again. We're not going to get involved. Last night was last night, and it's all there was, and it's all there is. There isn't going to be anything more between...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Eve Kendall: Patience is a virtue.
- Roger Thornhill: So is breathing.”
“- Roger Thornhill: What's wrong with men like me?
- Eve Kendall: They don't believe in marriage.
- Roger Thornhill: I've been married twice.
- Eve Kendall: See what I mean?”
“- Roger Thornhill: My wives divorced me.
- Eve Kendall: Why?
- Roger Thornhill: They said I led too dull a life.”
“- Edie: I've never met anyone like you. There's not a spark of sentiment or romance or human kindness in your whole body.
- Terry: What good does it do you but get you in trouble?”
“- Edie: Isn't everybody a part of everybody else?
- Terry: Boy, what a fruitcake you are!”
“- Edie: Which side are you with?
- Terry: Me? I'm with me, Terry.”