“The Great Waldo Pepper” quotes(1975)
Plot – In the 1920s America, many former pilots of the military aviation make a living performing with their aircraft in front of small crowds in the countryside. Among them is Waldo Pepper, who likes to tell the story of his battle against the German pilot Ernst Kessler. In reality, the events told by Waldo happened to another pilot, but he has claimed the story as his. Forced to leave the circus where he performed, Pepper goes to Hollywood and gets a part in a movie dedicated to the duel between Kessler and the American pilot. His partner in the movie is Kessler himself and so Pepper can finally live his dream of confronting him in war.
All actors – Robert Redford, Bo Svenson, Bo Brundin, Susan Sarandon, Geoffrey Lewis, Edward Herrmann, Philip Bruns, Roderick Cook, Kelly Jean Peters, Margot Kidder, Scott Newman, James S. Appleby, Patrick W. Henderson Jr., James N. Harrell, Elma Aicklen, Deborah Knapp, John A. Zee, John Reilly, Jack Manning, Joe Billings, Lawrence P. Casey, Greg Martin, , Kenny E. Bishop, Greg Bransom, A.L. Camp, Harvey Christiansen, William Creamer, Cheryl Downey, Inge Erving, Todd Ezell, John Guttman, Robert S. Holman, Elsie Julian, R.C. Keene, Patrick G. Koerber, Ruby Leonard, James Patrick Lockett, Richard A. Meyer, Steve Moriarty, Wayne Nowotny, Harold Offer, Murray Pollack, James Rosborough, Art Scholl, George W. Smyth, Robert W. Winnshow all
“The Great Waldo Pepper” Quotes 4 quotes
“- Ezra Stiles: It's gonna be a monoplane.
- Waldo Pepper: A monoplane. Are you telling me you're building me an airplane with only one wing?
- Ezra Stiles: Just thought you'd like to know: the biplane's gone the way of the Dodo.”
“- Dillhoefer: Now, here's what we do. We put her up on the wing...
- Duke: And she'll fake being afraid...
- Dillhoefer: Right.
- Duke: And the wind will blow her clothes off!
- Dillhoefer: Yes! Yes!
- Waldo Pepper: Wait! Why would the wind blow her clothes off? When I'm wing-walking, the wind doesn't blow my clothes off.
- Dillhoefer: Fool!...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Guess who's still alive... Me!”
“I'm flying so high not even the angels can catch me!”