“The First Great Train Robbery” quotes(1979)
All actors – Sean Connery, Donald Sutherland, Lesley-Anne Down, Alan Webb, Malcolm Terris, Robert Lang, Michael Elphick, Wayne Sleep, Pamela Salem, Gabrielle Lloyd, George Downing, James Cossinsshow all
“The First Great Train Robbery” Quotes 12 quotes
“- Judge: Now, on the matter of motive, we ask you: Why did you conceive, plan and execute this dastardly and scandalous crime?
- Pierce: I wanted the money.”
“- Pierce: There. He's your son.
- Agar: I don't have no son!
- Pierce: Louisa says he's your son.
- Agar: Louisa! She wouldn't know, would she? Is that him? He's not my son! He's too ugly to be my son!”
“- Miriam: My Mum says a man loves you, he shows you proper - with some little token.
- Fowler: Quite so! If you will permit me, I shall be delighted to give you a - token myself.”
“No respectable gentleman is that respectable.”
“- Miriam: Do you ever tell anyone the truth?
- Pierce: The truth? The truth... no.”
“If you've turned nose on me, I'll see you in lavender.”
“- Emily Trent: I have passed many pleasant hours here, watching the workman fit each piece into its precise slot. Such skill!
- Pierce: They screw it together do they?
- Trent: No, bolt it actually. With long bolts, fitted tightly.
- Emily Trent: Yes. Long bolts, fitted tightly.
- Pierce: I've just returned from America, a country of many...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Elizabeth Trent: What are your eccentricities, dear Edward?
- Pierce: Mine? I have none at all. Well, one. I am excessively preoccupied with a certain lovely young lady.
- Elizabeth Trent: Sir! You're a bold rogue to be so forward! I might even begin to suspect you of some motive in your advances.
- Pierce: Never, my darling.”