Diane Keaton quotes
“Life is nothing but a series of conflicts, in a way, surmounting one and coming to another.”
“Sex? I can't even say the word... not that I was ever really into it, but... when you don't have any and there are no prospects, well, it's very upsetting!”
“I can't have a baby because I have a 12:30 lunch meeting.”
“Hey, what's wrong with you? Every time someone threatens your pride or hurts your little fat feelings, you puff up like an emotional porcupine.”
“- Emily Walters: Are you judging me?
- Donald Horner: Well, I'm trying to, but you're not giving me much to work on.”
“- Donald Horner: Do you think my mother bore a complete halfwit?
- Emily Walters: Is there such a thing as a complete halfwit?”
“- Emily Walters: It's always a lot of fun to be told one is just blindly stumbling their way through life.
- Donald Horner: Well, you know, stumbling has its benefits. You stumbled my way, after all.”
“- Donald Horner: So am I different to what you expected?
- Emily Walters: Hmm. Perhaps. You seem...
- Donald Horner: Go on.
- Emily Walters: Cleaner.
- Donald Horner: That's honest.”
“- John Reed: Louise, I love you.
- Louise Bryant: No, you love yourself!”
“Dad's dying. He's been doing it for about twenty years so I don't miss anything.”
“- Isaac: I give the whole thing... four weeks. That's it.
- Mary: I, I can't plan that far in advance.
- Isaac: You can't plan four weeks in advance?
- Mary: No!
- Isaac: What kind of foresight is that?”
“- Michael Corleone: This one time... this one time, I'll let you ask me about my affairs.
- Kay Adams: Is it true? Is it?
- Michael Corleone: No.
[Kay Adams smiles and walks into his arms]
- Kay Adams: I guess we both need a drink, huh? C'mon...
[Kay Adams goes to the kitchen to fix a drink, and as she does, Peter Clemenza, Rocco Lampone, and Al...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mary: What are you thinking?
- Isaac: I dunno, I was just thinking. There must be something wrong with me, because I've never had a relationship with a woman that's lasted longer than the one between Hitler and Eva Braun.”
“Just because we're older doesn't mean we're old. This is the '90s.”
“- Mae: Mom, why do you always wear the high tops?
- Daphne Wilder: I just got these, what's wrong with these?
- Maggie: There just kinda depressing.”
“I think it's the drama in life that makes you strong.”
“- Joseph: This is - this is a difficult time for you; for both of us. And especially for a woman, there are physical changes that affect everything.
- Beth: Oh, tell me about being a woman.
- Joseph: I think that the anger you're feeling is not about me. It's hormonal.
- Beth: No. It's not menopause. It actually is about you.”
“- Harry Sanborn: I have never lied to you. I have always told you some version of the truth.
- Erica Barry: The truth doesn't have versions, okay?”
- Jenny: Okay, okay, we'll pretend to be the other kids now. Hi Dory!
- Charlie: Ahoy there! Do you wanna play Hide and Seek?
- Young Dory: Okay! I love games.
- Charlie: We'll hide and you count and come find us.
- Young Dory: Okay, Daddy.
- Charlie: No, no. Not "Daddy." I'm the nice fish who wants to be your friend, okay?
- Young Dory: Okay,... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Yale: You know we have to stop seeing each other, don't you.
- Mary: Right. Right. I understand. I could tell by the sound of your voice on the phone. Very authoritative, y'know. Like the pope, or the computer in 2001.”
“- Daphne Wilder: Milly, honey, why are you so quiet?
- Mae: 'Cause she's doing the oompa-loompa with two guys, mom.”
“You can do whatever you put your mind to.”