Diane Keaton quotes
“Life is nothing but a series of conflicts, in a way, surmounting one and coming to another.”
“Sex? I can't even say the word... not that I was ever really into it, but... when you don't have any and there are no prospects, well, it's very upsetting!”
“I can't have a baby because I have a 12:30 lunch meeting.”
“To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer; not to love is to suffer; to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy, then, is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy, one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Hey, what's wrong with you? Every time someone threatens your pride or hurts your little fat feelings, you puff up like an emotional porcupine.”
“- Emily Walters: Are you judging me?
- Donald Horner: Well, I'm trying to, but you're not giving me much to work on.”
“- Donald Horner: Do you think my mother bore a complete halfwit?
- Emily Walters: Is there such a thing as a complete halfwit?”
“- Emily Walters: It's always a lot of fun to be told one is just blindly stumbling their way through life.
- Donald Horner: Well, you know, stumbling has its benefits. You stumbled my way, after all.”
“- Donald Horner: So am I different to what you expected?
- Emily Walters: Hmm. Perhaps. You seem...
- Donald Horner: Go on.
- Emily Walters: Cleaner.
- Donald Horner: That's honest.”
“- John Reed: Louise, I love you.
- Louise Bryant: No, you love yourself!”
“Dad's dying. He's been doing it for about twenty years so I don't miss anything.”
“- Isaac: I give the whole thing... four weeks. That's it.
- Mary: I, I can't plan that far in advance.
- Isaac: You can't plan four weeks in advance?
- Mary: No!
- Isaac: What kind of foresight is that?”
“- Michael Corleone: This one time... this one time, I'll let you ask me about my affairs.
- Kay Adams: Is it true? Is it?
- Michael Corleone: No.
[Kay Adams smiles and walks into his arms]
- Kay Adams: I guess we both need a drink, huh? C'mon...
[Kay Adams goes to the kitchen to fix a drink, and as she does, Peter Clemenza, Rocco Lampone, and Al...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mary: What are you thinking?
- Isaac: I dunno, I was just thinking. There must be something wrong with me, because I've never had a relationship with a woman that's lasted longer than the one between Hitler and Eva Braun.”
“Just because we're older doesn't mean we're old. This is the '90s.”
“- Mae: Mom, why do you always wear the high tops?
- Daphne Wilder: I just got these, what's wrong with these?
- Maggie: There just kinda depressing.”
“I think it's the drama in life that makes you strong.”
“- Joseph: This is - this is a difficult time for you; for both of us. And especially for a woman, there are physical changes that affect everything.
- Beth: Oh, tell me about being a woman.
- Joseph: I think that the anger you're feeling is not about me. It's hormonal.
- Beth: No. It's not menopause. It actually is about you.”
“- Harry Sanborn: I have never lied to you. I have always told you some version of the truth.
- Erica Barry: The truth doesn't have versions, okay?”
- Jenny: Okay, okay, we'll pretend to be the other kids now. Hi Dory!
- Charlie: Ahoy there! Do you wanna play Hide and Seek?
- Young Dory: Okay! I love games.
- Charlie: We'll hide and you count and come find us.
- Young Dory: Okay, Daddy.
- Charlie: No, no. Not "Daddy." I'm the nice fish who wants to be your friend, okay?
- Young Dory: Okay,... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Yale: You know we have to stop seeing each other, don't you.
- Mary: Right. Right. I understand. I could tell by the sound of your voice on the phone. Very authoritative, y'know. Like the pope, or the computer in 2001.”
“- Daphne Wilder: Milly, honey, why are you so quiet?
- Mae: 'Cause she's doing the oompa-loompa with two guys, mom.”