Diane Lane quotes
“- Judge Hershey: Wouldn't it feel good to have an emotion once in a while, huh?
- Judge Dredd: Emotions... there ought to be a law against them.”
“- Judge Hershey: Haven't you... haven't you ever had a friend?
- Judge Dredd: Yes. Once.
- Judge Hershey: What happened? Dredd? I want to know, what happened?
- Judge Dredd: I judged him.”
“Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.”
“More than three thousand years ago a man named Job complained to God about all his troubles and the Bible tells us that God answered. Do you give the horse its strength or clothe its neck with a flowing mane? Do you make him leap like a locust, striking terror with his proud snorting? He paused fiercely, rejoicing in his strength and charges...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Okay, Dill. Say fate gave you the choice: you can get the lady, or you could catch that tuna that's in your head. Which one would you choose?”
“- Erin Glass: I have a sickness.
- Terrence 'Terry' Glass: Yeah, it's called self-pity. Complicated by having no backbone.”
“- Jennifer Marsh: You forming a task force?
- Detective Eric Box: Not yet.
- Jennifer Marsh: Not yet? How much more do you need?
- Richard Brooks: What we have so far is one dead cat and a man who may or may not be in danger.
- Jennifer Marsh: That's today. You think this is it? It's just the beginning!”
“- Paulette: Did you lose your other wives this way?
- Charlie Chaplin: I think so. But you'd have to ask them.”
- Patti: Think of your inner voice.
- Frances: Inner voice: ”What the fuck am I doing on a gay tour of Tuscany?”.
“- Griffin Dowd: What's he into?
- Jennifer Marsh: High-end tech and low-end porn.
- Griffin Dowd: You sure he's a guy? If it's a woman, she could be my soulmate.”
“- Cleo Fincher Trumbo: You have no idea what you could lose.
- Dalton Trumbo: Oh, please. My career and the first amendment and the country, am I missing anything?
- Cleo Fincher Trumbo: Us! You're losing us! Since prison, you don't talk or ask. You just snap, bark. I keep waiting for you to start pounding the dinner table with a gavel.”
“I want to be in love. I want to wake up next to someone and see them smile, do the whole Sunday breakfast thing, go out and get the paper, stay in bed together all day.”
“- Pawel: Frances, please! We have nowhere to be together!
- Frances: And what does that make me? Saint Francesca, patron saint of horny teenagers?”
“I'm perfect! But nobody in this shithole gets me, because I don't put out!”
“I used to think, maybe a long time ago, like... like in the time of the pharaohs or Louis the XIIIth that, there was somebody, made just perfect for me. I mean, when you think about it and consider that your feelings of love, begin when you're about ten and if you live to say 70, well that's pretty limiting because, what chance is there that...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I've found there to be a tremendous amount of East Coast snobbery in the journalism world.”
“Sometimes I think opposable thumbs were invented so teenage girls could use text messaging.”
“I think that anybody that smiles automatically looks better.”
“- Kathy Sheppard: You set your life up like one of your chessboards. You're impassable. You've become trapped behind your defenses. You're cut off from everybody around you.
- Peter Sanderson: What are you talking about? You don't know me.
- Kathy Sheppard: Does anyone?”