“Time After Time” quotes(1979)
Plot – London, 1893. On a boring evening, scientist George Herbert Wells shows his friends a machine that allows time travels and John Stevenson is one of the guests. The police arrives and identifies him as Jack the Ripper, but the man turns on the machine and travels to 1979 in San Francisco. Wells chases him, thinking he has caused a damage to the entire humanity.
All actors – Malcolm McDowell, David Warner, Mary Steenburgen, Charles Cioffi, Kent Williams, Andonia Katsaros, Patti D'Arbanville, James Garrett, Keith McConnell, Leo Lewis, Byron Webster, Karin de la Penhashow all
“Time After Time” Quotes 15 quotes
“Ninety years ago I was a freak. Today I'm an amateur.”
“- H.G. Wells: Amy, wait, listen to me!
- Amy Robbins: I have listened, and a bigger crock of shit I've never heard!”
“- H.G. Wells: Amy, I don't want to compromise you. Are you quite certain I'm not forcing you to...
- Amy Robbins: Forcing me? My God, Herbert, I'm practically raping you.
- H.G. Wells: Yeah, that's true.”
“It's catching isn't it, violence.”
“- Amy Robbins: I'm a twentieth century woman. I have a career and a mind of my own. Be reasonable. How am I gonna make it in 1893?
- H.G. Wells: Is your career so important? It's your life we're talking about!
- Amy Robbins: My work is my life. As much as yours or any other man's.”
“You are, quite literally, the last person on Earth that I expected to see.”
“My mother was rather an atrocious woman in her way, but her many failings did not include raising mentally deficient sons.”
“- H.G. Wells: Do you still insist that this is all poppycock?
- Amy Robbins: That's not exactly the word I had in mind.”
“- Amy Robbins: I like that suit. Is that what they're wearing in London?
- H.G. Wells: It was when I left.”
“Every age is the same. It's only love that makes any of them bearable.”
“- H.G. Wells: The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas.
- Amy Robbins: I love you.”
“The future isn't what you thought. It's what I am!”