Place quotes256 place quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Jenny Hayden: What's it like up there?
- Starman: It is beautiful. Not like this, but it is beautiful. There is only one language, one law, one people. There is no war, no hunger. The strong do not victimize the helpless. We are very civilized, but we have lost something, I think. You are all so much alive, all so different. I will miss the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Thebes, City of the Living, crown jewel of Pharaoh Seti the First. Home of Imhotep, Pharaoh's high priest, keeper of the dead. Birthplace of Anck Su Namun, Pharaoh's mistress. No other man was allowed to touch her. But for their love, they were willing to risk life itself.”
“- Nahum Goddard: Where do you come from, Percy?
- Percy Talbott: Ohio.
- Nahum Goddard: Ohio, huh. I had some clients from Ohio once. Didn't sound like you do.
- Percy Talbott: Well I wouldn't mind coming from someplace else, if that doesn't suit you.”
There are thirty Ray's Pizzas. They all claim to be the original. But the real one's on 11th. And if you see a sign that says "Peep Show", that doesn't mean that they're letting you look at presents before Christmas.
“- Zach: Tell me about the Bronx.
- Diana Morales: What's to tell about the Bronx? It's uptown and to the right.”
“- Madame Alvarez: How was Monte Carlo?
- Gaston Lachaille: It was a bore!
- Madame Alvarez: One has to be as rich as you are, Gaston, to be bored at Monte Carlo.”
“You can always go back to the place where you were comfortable, the place where you're from.”
“I'm damn-well wedded to this here light, and she's been a finer, truer, quieter wife than any alive-blooded woman.”
“According to you, people should be born, live, and die in the same place.”
“- Tony Stark: You're from Earth?
- Peter Quill: I'm not from Earth, I'm from Missouri.
- Tony Stark: Yeah, that's on Earth, dipshit!”
“- Joe Starrett: I wouldn't ask you where you're bound.
- Shane: One place or another. Someplace I've never been.”
“- J.J. Blodgett: Maybe it's one of those Greek islands?
- Helicopter pilot: No sir, Greece is way to the left.
- J.J. Blodgett: Not as long as I am with the State Department!”
“I thought it was more important to be somebody out there than the damn failure I was here at my own home.”
“- Mr. Best: How far are you going today?
- Donald Crowhurst: Oh, just staying locally. Practising for a longer haul, though.
- Mr. Best: Really? Any place in particular?
- Donald Crowhurst: Round the world.”
“With all this land, why is there no room for the Apache? Why does the White-Eye want all land?”
“- Troy Maxson: It's not easy for me to admit that I've been standing in the same place for eighteen years!
- Rose Maxson: Well, I've been standing with you! I gave eighteen years of my life to stand in the same spot as you!”
“Why did they park where they did? The world's most decorated experts can't crack that one. The most plausible theory is that they chose places on earth with the lowest incidence of lightning strikes. But there are exceptions. The next most plausible theory is that Sheena Easton had a hit song at each of these sites in 1980. So, we just don't know.”