Place quotes268 place quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Violet Markey: Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
- Theodore Finch: I'd go to a place no one's ever been before.
“Anything to do with the South resonates with me, because I'm Southern.”
“I sound New York. I sound East Coast much more than a blonde person from L.A.”
“- Jenny Hayden: What's it like up there?
- Starman: It is beautiful. Not like this, but it is beautiful. There is only one language, one law, one people. There is no war, no hunger. The strong do not victimize the helpless. We are very civilized, but we have lost something, I think. You are all so much alive, all so different. I will miss the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Thebes, City of the Living, crown jewel of Pharaoh Seti the First. Home of Imhotep, Pharaoh's high priest, keeper of the dead. Birthplace of Anck Su Namun, Pharaoh's mistress. No other man was allowed to touch her. But for their love, they were willing to risk life itself.”
“- Nahum Goddard: Where do you come from, Percy?
- Percy Talbott: Ohio.
- Nahum Goddard: Ohio, huh. I had some clients from Ohio once. Didn't sound like you do.
- Percy Talbott: Well I wouldn't mind coming from someplace else, if that doesn't suit you.”
“Any man ain't sure where he belong, gotta' be in a whole lotta pain.”
“- Mousa: This is Afghanistan... Alexander the Great try to conquer this country... then Genghis Khan, then the British. Now Russia. But Afghan people fight hard, they never be defeated. Ancient enemy make prayer about these people... you wish to hear?
- Rambo: Um-hum.
- Mousa: Very good. It says, 'May God deliver us from the venom of the Cobra,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Good places make good horses.”
There are thirty Ray's Pizzas. They all claim to be the original. But the real one's on 11th. And if you see a sign that says "Peep Show", that doesn't mean that they're letting you look at presents before Christmas.
“- Zach: Tell me about the Bronx.
- Diana Morales: What's to tell about the Bronx? It's uptown and to the right.”
“The end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.”
“I never go anywhere, I just dream about it.”
“Everyone’s got their place.”
“Violet-Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
Theodore Finch-I'd go to a place no one's ever been before.
“I am an American. I adore Britain and have a strong English half, but my roots are here in the U.S. - it is not a matter of choice; it is simply fact.”
“- Madame Alvarez: How was Monte Carlo?
- Gaston Lachaille: It was a bore!
- Madame Alvarez: One has to be as rich as you are, Gaston, to be bored at Monte Carlo.”
“You can always go back to the place where you were comfortable, the place where you're from.”
“I'm damn-well wedded to this here light, and she's been a finer, truer, quieter wife than any alive-blooded woman.”
“According to you, people should be born, live, and die in the same place.”