“Slap Shot” quotes(1977)
Plot – The Chiefs', an ice hockey team, is in the last positions in ranking, moreover the team is facing bad economic conditions. The coach tries in every way to avoid the financial meltdown and asks to three brothers to play in a violent way. The team wins but the guys mark the team's fate because their competitive spirit turned out to be useless. This movie veils the metaphor of a corrupt and rotten society. Hockey is a though but spectacular game and the director proves to know the rules very well.
All actors – Paul Newman, Strother Martin, Michael Ontkean, Jennifer Warren, Lindsay Crouse, Jerry Houser, Andrew Duncan, Jeff Carlson, Steve Carlson, David Hanson, Yvon Barrette, Allan F. Nichollsshow all
“Slap Shot” Quotes 14 quotes
“- Suzanne: You are the first man I've slept with since I left Hanrahan.
- Reggie: Aw Suzanne, a beautiful woman like you?
- Suzanne: Well, I've been sleeping with women.”
“- Jim Carr: Denis, I know that some in our audience don't know the finer points of hockey. Could you tell them, for example, what is icing?
- Denis: Well, um, icing happen when the puck come down, bang you know, before the other guys you know. Nobody there, you know. My arm go comme ça then the game stop then start up.”
“I was coachin' in Omaha in 1948 and Eddie Shore sends me this guy who was a terrible masturbator, you know, couldn't control himself. Why, he would get deliberate penalties so he could get over in the penalty box all by himself and damned if he wouldn't... you know.”
I'll never forget an exclusive interview in which Swamptown revealed that he calls his hockey stick the "Big Tomahawk" and he usually refers to the opposing players as "the little scalps".
“These guys are a fucking disgrace!”
“- Suzanne: Did you ever wanna sleep with a man?
- Reggie: No.
- Suzanne: Never?
- Reggie: No. I don't blame you though Suzanne, I mean, well see, women's bodies are beautiful. But men's bodies, see I see 'em everywhere you know, in the locker rooms, their cocks all over the place and everything.”
“- Lily: What's the story on that dog?
- Reggie: That's the dog that saved Charleston from the 1938 flood.
- Lily: Well, fuck him.”