“A Little Romance” quotes(1979)
Plot – Lauren is an American teenager. Her parents are very wealthy but her life is boring. In Paris she meets Daniel and they date each other, then they decide to travel to Venice to visit the Bridge of Sighs at sunset, to promise themselves eternal love. When Lauren's parents discover her, they force her to come back home.
All actors – Laurence Olivier, Diane Lane, Thelonious Bernard, Arthur Hill, Sally Kellerman, Broderick Crawford, David Dukes, Andrew Duncan, Claudette Sutherland, Graham Fletcher-Cook, Ashby Semple, Claude Brossetshow all
“A Little Romance” Quotes 24 quotes
“I've never seen one of them before either, I wouldn't have taken you. It isn't like that. That's something else. It isn't love.”
“Are any of us so blameless?”
“What are legends anyway but stories about ordinary people doing extraordinary things? Of course, it takes courage and imagination... not everybody has that.”
“I used to think, maybe a long time ago, like... like in the time of the pharaohs or Louis the XIIIth that, there was somebody, made just perfect for me. I mean, when you think about it and consider that your feelings of love, begin when you're about ten and if you live to say 70, well that's pretty limiting because, what chance is there that...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Daniel: You have a father or just a mother?
- Lauren: No, I have a father. As a matter of fact, I'm on my third.
- Daniel: Does your mother divorce them or just kill them?
- Lauren: No, still alive.”
“- Natalie: Are you in love?
- Lauren: You don't fall in love with a boy you just met.
- Natalie: Are you?
- Lauren King: Yeah.”
“- Michel Michon: I took some Americans from the station to the Hotel George V. I said my meter was broke. Special rate: 100 francs.
- Daniel: That's a 20 franc ride, tops.
- Michel Michon: They looked as if they'd stiff me on the tip.
- Daniel: They won't like the French.
- Michel Michon: I don't like Americans. We're even.”
“- Daniel: I just noted there aren't any subtitles.
- Lauren: You sorta get the gist of it, anyway.”
“- Londet: Great boobs!
- Daniel: All this... and you look at that?
- Londet: You look at what you like. I'll look at what I like.”
“Heidegger isn't all that hard. I mean, his stuff is mostly etymological. You know, like, why is there something rather than nothing at all.”
“You don't know what love is like until you've fallen for your cousin.”
“- Daniel: They are teaching you existentialism?
- Lauren: Heidegger isn't really an existentialist.
- Daniel: He claims he isn't. His writing says he is.”
“If I could pick horses, I wouldn't have to pick pockets.”