“The Wild Geese” quotes(1978)
Plot – Colonel Allen Faulkner is called by Sir Edward Matherson, a Londoner businessman, to free Limbani, the president of an African state now a prisoner of Zembala, leader of a coup. Faulkner works with three trusted collaborators: Lieutenant Shawn Fynn, Captain Rafer Janders and Lieutenant Pieter Koetzee. He enlists fifty men who are meticulously trained by Sandy Young. The shipment brilliantly solves the liberation in the prison camp. However, the plane sent to recover Limbani and the mercenaries doesn't land because Sir Edward, who in the meantime has taken advantage of some copper mines, wants to abandon Faulkner and all his men.
All actors – Richard Burton, Roger Moore, Richard Harris, Hardy Krüger, Stewart Granger, Winston Ntshona, John Kani, Jack Watson, Frank Finlay, Kenneth Griffith, Barry Foster, Ronald Fraser, Ian Yule, Patrick Allen, Rosalind Lloyd, David Ladd, Paul Spurrier, Jeff Corey, Brook Williams, Percy Herbert, Glyn Baker, Sydney Chama, Ken Gampu, Jane Hylton, Taks Senekal, Martin Grace, Terry Wells, Joe Cole, Fats Bookholane, John Alderson, Terence Longdon, Patrick Holt, Robert Cunningham, John Dennison, Thomas Baptiste, Jules Walters, Fred Bryant, Valerie Leon, Anna Bergman, Jeannie Collings, George Lane Cooper, Clive Curtis, Suzanne Danielle, Bryan Davis, Eddie Eddon, Susan Hunt, Jazzer Jeyes, George Leech, Solly Marx, Tullio Moneta, Maia Newley, Greg Powell, Leslie Schofield, Bob Simmons, Rocky Taylorshow all
“The Wild Geese” Quotes 12 quotes
“- Colonel Allen Faulkner: Shawn, how goes it?
- Lt. Shawn Fynn: Fine thanks. I tell you, Jock, that's it. My heels are where my balls used to be.”
“I hope you have a big appetite, sonny, because it's all yours.”
“- Colonel Allen Faulkner: Is your wife at home?
- R.S.M. Sandy Young: Yes sir, she'll be delighted to see you.
- Colonel Allen Faulkner: I don't think so. I think we'd better talk out here!”
“- Esposito: We're dead!
- R.S.M. Sandy Young: Esposito, you're not dead until I tell you you're dead.”
“That was ludicrous, sir. You're jumping from an aeroplane, not a whorehouse window. Do it again.”
“There is a clause in all of my contracts, that my liver is to be buried separately, and, with honors.”
“- Sir Edward Matherson: Then I suppose you'd better kill me.
- Colonel Allen Faulkner: You're a remarkable man too, Sir Edward. So I suppose I better had.”
“- Colonel Allen Faulkner: All right. You've got the job.
- Arthur Witty: Do I have time to get a divorce?
- Colonel Allen Faulkner: Thirty-six hours.”
“- Lt. Pieter Coetzee: We whites have carried you people on our backs ever since we came to this country.
- President Julius Limbani: It's the other way around now, is it?
- Lt. Pieter Coetzee: Is it? You need me to save your miserable black life now, don't you?
- President Julius Limbani: I do. And then you may need me to save yours. We need...” (continue)(continue reading)