Plot – New Mexico. Julia Mann and Kevin Vallick meet in a hotel and write the speeches for their respective candidates in the Senate. Kevin works for Republican Garvin and Julia for Democratic Wannamaker. After a night walk, they begin to like each other and find they have many things in common. Kevin depends from his former wife and Julia has broke her engagement with Bob Freed, a politician. For the campaign, Vallick innocently takes advantage of a Julia's confidence, so the woman is angry and leaves him. Meanwhile Freed wants Julia back and to make Kevin jealous she accepts his court, until she loses the text of a Wannamaker's speech. Kevin finds it and changes it to cover the candidate with ridiculous. As he learns Julia would be fired, Kevin warns her of the danger, but then Julia is promoted chief press officer. The two guys make peace and spend the night together. Wannamaker wins the elections but Julia discovers the winner has been corrupted. During the celebrations, she disavows Wannamaker and applies in turn. Kevin declares publicly to her and Julia chooses him as her press agent.
All actors – Michael Keaton, Geena Davis, Christopher Reeve, Bonnie Bedelia, Ernie Hudson, Charles Martin Smith, Gailard Sartain, Ray Baker, Mitchell Ryan, Willie Garson, Paul Lazar, Richard Poeshow all
“Speechless” Quotes 3 quotes
“- Julia: It's discouraged for campaigns to interact. For instance, if one speechwriter were to date another, they might reveal something crucial about the campaign. Some campaigns have spies for just this purpose, whose job it is to follow the speechwriter, and to seduce her...
- Kevin: Or him...
- Julia: Into revealing her secrets.”
- Julia: You used me. You took the Mexico Ditch! You never even heard of it before!
- Kevin: Of course. I didn't realize you had a copyright on a ditch. What other forces of nature are yours?
- Julia: I will keep this simple. I. Me. This person in front of you. I do not. Not. The international symbol for "no". I do not want you near me again!
-... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Julia: Shall we speak the unspoken language of love?
- Kevin: You mean the kind only dogs can hear?
- Julia: Yes, the very same.”