Secrets quotes352 secrets quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I've lived in a world of death. I've watched people I've loved die. Some fast with a bullet, some not enough left to bury. All these years I've kept my secrets, but the time has come to face my past. And if they come looking for me, they will welcome death.”
“Everyone has a part of themselves they hide. Even from the people they love most.”
I think that every religion says to love your neighbor. In Hollywood they add, "But don't get caught."
“You want a Rolls-Royce, you don't come here, no no. You go to England, or wherever the fuck they make it. If you want champagne, you go see the French. If you needmoney, you find a Jew. But, if you want dirt, or scum buried under a rock somewhere, or some secret nobody wants anybody to know about, there's only one place to go: right here,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Captain Benjamin L. Willard: I was sent on a classified mission, sir.
- Colonel Walter E. Kurtz: It's no longer classified, is it? Did they tell you?
- Captain Benjamin L. Willard: They told me that you had gone totally insane, and that your methods were unsound.
- Colonel Walter E. Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?
- Captain Benjamin L. Willard:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.”
“- King Arthur: God uses people like you, Lancelot. Because your heart is open. You hold nothing back. You give all of yourself.
- Lancelot: If you knew me better, you would not say such things.
- King Arthur: Oh, hey, I take the good with the bad, together. I can't love people in slices.”
“Why do we assume that all this information is what we’re told it is? Maybe there are people out there who are more important than us, more powerful, communicating things in the world that are meant for only them and not for us.”
“- Tommy Stubbins: What do you want us to do? Go to the North Pole?
- Dr. Dolittle: Unfortunately, there isn't time. It isn't pleasant up there.
- Tommy Stubbins: But, the North Pole hasn't been discovered yet?
- Dr. Dolittle: Not officially. And I never say anything about it; because, I promised the polar bears I wouldn't.”
“The old cathedrals often have sublime artworks hidden away in the darkest corners for only God to see. The same goes for murder.”
“- Godolphin: I do not know of women and their feelings, but I know they nurse their hurts like wailing newborns.
- Lady Sarah: Godolphin, I have a surge of desire to see your nose broken. Your point?”
“- Julian: I hear you telling your friends to come over here and you're gonna smoke some weed.
- Vicky: No, no.
- Julian: That alakazam?
- Vicky: Julian, I'm talking about like, a... you know, like a magic trick. Abracadabra!
- Julian: I know you're talking about smoking weed. Don't lie to me. That's against the rules, I'm telling my mom.
- Vicky...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jewel: So, uh, what did you say you do?
- Forrest Tucker: Well that’s a secret.
- Jewel: And why is that?
- Forrest Tucker: Well because if I told you, you probably wouldn’t want to see me again.
- Jewel: Who said I was going to see you again?
- Forrest Tucker: Would you?”
“You can accomplish anything you want, if you act as if it were already accomplished. Know what you want, where you are going. But don't tell anyone what you're constructing.”
“You have to accept that there are certain things you won't understand right away.”
“- Lieutenant Fergus Falls: There are better ways to find out what a woman knows.
- Sergeant Orono: Dinner and a movie, lie to her, say you love her...”