Elections quotes61 elections quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Bill 'The Butcher' Cutting: I don't see no Americans. I see trespassers, Irish harps. Do a job for a nickel what a nigger does for a dime and a white man used to get a quarter for. What have they done? Name one thing they've contributed.
- William 'Boss' Tweed: Votes.
- Bill 'The Butcher' Cutting: Votes, you say? They vote how the archbishop...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I don't want my vote taken for granted.”
“I don't give a rats ass for the voters! All I care about is the power and the power that'll give me the money. That's why I'm a success and you're not! America for the Americans. You believe that nonsense? You're stupider than I thought! I'd sell my soul to the Japanese if they made me an offer. And as for you, don't come suckering around me if...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The newspapers was goin' on and on about the city elections, like they was really gonna change somebody's life. But my life had already changed when I lost my job three weeks before.”
“They said there were more mail ballots than ever, what about female ballots?”
“We are trying to save people's lives! These are the stakes and I'm not going to stand by and watch as this nation falls apart. This is no longer an election. This is a crisis.”
“People vote not out of love, but fear.”
“The man would spend whatever it took for votes, but balked at buying a beautiful painting.”
“I'm George W. Bush. I don't give a fuck what the vote says.”
“- Jane: If I lose to Candy now, I swear to God...
- Ben: This actually kind of matters, Jane. This country could go under. We're talking about people's lives.”
“- Julia: It's discouraged for campaigns to interact. For instance, if one speechwriter were to date another, they might reveal something crucial about the campaign. Some campaigns have spies for just this purpose, whose job it is to follow the speechwriter, and to seduce her...
- Kevin: Or him...
- Julia: Into revealing her secrets.”
“- Jack Merridew: I guess you just won the election.
- Ralph: It doesn't matter who's in charge. We've just got to work together. First, we build a camp.”
“- Pedro: Do you think people will vote for me?
- Napoleon Dynamite: Heck yes! I'd vote for you.
- Pedro: Like what are my skills?
- Napoleon Dynamite: Well, you have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache.”
“You can vote too, it's America.”
“- Kane: It's obvious the people prefer Jim Gettys to me.
- Jedediah Leland: You talk about the people as though you owned them, as though they belong to you. As long as I can remember, you've talked about giving the people their rights, as if you can make them a present of liberty, as a reward for services rendered.”
“Bullets change governments far surer than votes.”
“You elected me your leader. Let me lead you now.”
“Man if you keep campaigning for an ass whooping, you gonna get elected.”
“I'll vote for whoever is the Democrat. That's all I need to know.”