Michael Keaton quotes
“I'm looking for a few good men... and women. Who aren't afraid of hard work. Aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves. I'm looking for scrappers, hustlers, guys that are willing to roll up their sleeves. They're livin' on drive, they got a little fire in their belly. I stand right here before you today, I'm gonna offer you something as precious as...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Nothing in this world can take the place of good old persistence. Talent won't. Nothing's more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius won't. Unrecognized genius is practically a cliche. Education won't. Why the world is full of educated fools. Persistence and determination alone are all powerful.”
“- Chorus Girl: I'm not wearing a bra, Johnny.
- Johnny Dangerously: Yeah? Well that makes two of us.”
“- Adrian Toomes: Peter, you're young. You don't understand how the world works.
- Peter Parker: Yeah, but I understand that selling weapons to criminals is wrong!”
“- V. A. Vandevere: Max, I know your type. Charlatan, con man, opportunist.
- Max Medici: New York is that way, in case you need directions.
- V. A. Vandevere: And I know it comes from a deep desire to build something authentic and true.
- Max Medici: I know your game.
- V. A. Vandevere: It’s not a game. Some men cheat the rules, others change them.” (continue)(continue reading)
“- V. A. Vandevere: Max, you possess something that’s very rare in life. And the tragedy of it is, is you don’t even know that you have it. Do you know what it is that you have, Max?
- Max Medici: No.
- V. A. Vandevere: It’s mystique.”
“- V. A. Vandevere: Uh, Max, if you don’t mind my asking, where did you come upon the animal?
- Max Medici: He hails from the far east.
- V. A. Vandevere: How far?
- Max Medici: Far.
- Neils Skellig: He doesn’t look like magic to me.
- Holt Farrier: Well, what the heck can you tell by appearances, right?”
“Come with me. Together, we can soar on that elephant's wings.”
“- V. A. Vandevere: He stole my elephant! Medici, we had a deal!
- Max Medici: I'm no expert, but I think you have bigger problems!”
“- Gianelli: I'll shoot the girl.
- Billy Caufield: Go ahead. I got lot's of girlfriends.”
“McDonald's... is... family. Isn't that great? You know what I see when I see that? Family. We're one big family. Aren't we? We have mouths to feed. That's a family.”
“- Riggan: This is my career, this is my chance to do some work that actually means something.
- Sam: Means something to who? You had a career before the third comic book movie, before people began to forget who was inside the bird costume. You're doing a play based on a book that was written 60 years ago, for a thousand rich old white people...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There's nothing here about technique! There's nothing in here about structure! There's nothing in here about intentions! It's just a bunch of crappy opinions, backed up by even crappier comparisons... You write a couple of paragraphs and you know what? None of this cost you fuckin' anything! The Fuck! You risk nothing! Nothing! Nothing! Nothing!...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If I saw a competitor drowning, I'd shove a hose down his throat.”
“- Sam: Do you really think you'll be ready for opening tomorrow?
- Riggan: Yeah, yeah. Yeah, well, I mean, previews were pretty much a train-wreck. We can't seem to get through without a raging fire or a raging hard-on. I'm broke. I'm not sleeping like, you know, at all. And um, this play is kinda starting to feel like a major deformed version...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You know when you make a copy of a copy, it's not as sharp as the original.”
“- Oishi Kazihiro: In Japan, when production lags, worker stays longer in factory.
- Hunt Stevenson: Okay, overtime. We can talk about overtime. I understand it now.
- Oishi Kazihiro: They do not do it for pay. They do it for company.
- Hunt Stevenson: Yeah, but that's there, this is here.”