Geena Davis quotes
“- Dottie Hinson: What did you do to her?
- Doris Murphy - 3rd Base: Nothin', we just gave her a dress.
- Mae Mordabito: And a lotta liquor!”
“- Julia: It's discouraged for campaigns to interact. For instance, if one speechwriter were to date another, they might reveal something crucial about the campaign. Some campaigns have spies for just this purpose, whose job it is to follow the speechwriter, and to seduce her...
- Kevin: Or him...
- Julia: Into revealing her secrets.”
“- Loomis: Now, we're going to find a familiar street soon.
- Phyllis: I'd settle for a familiar borough.”
“- Caitlin: I can't!
- Samantha Caine (Charly): Yes you can. You're one of the X-Men!”
- Julia: You used me. You took the Mexico Ditch! You never even heard of it before!
- Kevin: Of course. I didn't realize you had a copyright on a ditch. What other forces of nature are yours?
- Julia: I will keep this simple. I. Me. This person in front of you. I do not. Not. The international symbol for "no". I do not want you near me again!
-... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Alley Agent: Good evening, pretty lady. How 'bout some company?
- Samantha Caine (Charly): No thanks. I'm saving myself 'til I get raped.”
“- Julia: Shall we speak the unspoken language of love?
- Kevin: You mean the kind only dogs can hear?
- Julia: Yes, the very same.”
“A relationship is a lot like a porcelain nail, Ted. You can break it, and you can glue it back together, but it's not going to be as strong as it was unless the person is really committed to not bringing home nurses!”
“Life is pain. Get used to it.”
“- Jimmy Dugan: Sneaking out like this, quitting, you'll regret it for the rest of your life. Baseball is what gets inside you. It's what lights you up, you can't deny that.
- Dottie Hinson: It just got too hard.
- Jimmy Dugan: It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great.”
- Barbara: "Rule number two: the living usually won't see the dead".
- Adam: Won't or can't?
- Barbara: It just says "won't". God, this book is so stupid. I can't understand anything in it.
- Adam: Barb, honey... we're dead. I don't think we have very much to worry about anymore.
“- Thelma: Wait. What? You wanna go to Mexico from Oklahoma, but you don't wanna go through Texas?
- Louise: Thelma, you know how I feel about Texas! We're not going that way!
- Thelma: Yeah, I know, Louise, but we're running for our lives. I mean, can't you make an exception? I mean, look at the map! The only thing between Oklahoma and Mexico is...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dottie Hinson: You ever been married?
- Jimmy Dugan: Well, let me think... yeah, twice.
- Dottie Hinson: Any children?
- Jimmy Dugan: One of them was, yeah.”
“Great! We'll have to sail a raft to Fiji like Thor Heyerdahl!”
“- Seth Brundle: The disease has just revealed its purpose. We don't have to worry about contagion anymore... I know what the disease wants.
- Veronica Quaife: What does the disease want?
- Seth Brundle: It wants to turn me into something else. That's not too terrible, is it? Most people would give anything to be turned into something else.”
“We are all broken. Those of us who are less broken need to help those who are more broken.”
“- Mrs. Little: Is he going to be alright?
- Dr. Beechwood: Well, a lad that size swallowing all that detergent. Amazingly, I think he's gonna be fine. Also, he's very clean.”
“- Veronica Quaife: Those weird hairs that were growing out of your back. I took them to a lab. I had them analyzed.
- Seth Brundle: The hairs? That's a strange thing to do.
- Veronica Quaife: Not as strange as the results. The guy at the lab had trouble identifying them. He finally came to the conclusion, that they were definitely not human. Not...” (continue)(continue reading)
“What's the good of being a ghost if you can't frighten people away?”
“You couldn't hit a lake if you were standing on the bottom.”