Christopher Reeve quotes
“You play the hand you're dealt. I think the game's worthwhile.”
“Some people are walking around with full use of their bodies and they're more paralyzed than I am.”
“Success is finding satisfaction in giving a little more than you take.”
“So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.”
“You are, all of you, amateurs. And international affairs should never be run by gentlemen amateurs. Do you have any idea of what sort of place the world is becoming all around you? The days when you could just act out of your noble instincts, are over. Europe has become the arena of realpolitik, the politics of reality. If you like: real...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I never lie.”
“- Superman: I know I'm forbidden to interfere... and yet the Earth is threatened by the same fate as Krypton's.
- 1st Elder: The Earth is too primitive. You can flee to new worlds, where war is long forgotten.
- 2nd Elder: If you teach the Earth to put its fate in any one man, even yourself, you're teaching them to be betrayed.”
“- Lois Lane: Any more at home like you?
- Clark Kent: Uh, not really, no.”
“- Superman: You'd risk world wide nuclear war for your own personal financial gain.
- Lex Luthor: Nobody wants war. I just want to keep the threat alive.”
“- Clark Kent: Excuse me, Mr. White. I was wondering if, if, uh, perhaps you could arrange for half my salary to be sent to this address on a weekly basis.
- Lois Lane: Your bookie, right?
- Clark Kent: My what?
- Lois Lane: Don't tell me: he sends a check every week to his sweet, grey-haired old mother.
- Clark Kent: Actually, she's silver-haired.”
“I want a short cut, Sidney. And I really don't care whose yard I cut through, if you understand me.”
“- Clark Kent: I have to go back.
- Lois Lane: You can't go back, there's no way now.
- Clark Kent: I have to. I've gotta try dammit, I've got to try something. Anything!
- Lois Lane: It's not your fault. You didn't know this was going to happen.
- Clark Kent: They knew. They tried to tell me. But, I didn't listen.”
“Never accept ultimatums, conventional wisdom, or absolutes.”
“At first, dreams seem impossible, then improbable, and eventually inevitable.”
“You should take some responsibility for the way you present yourself. But you should not be hung up on your looks, whether you are ugly or handsome, because it isn't an achievement.”
“- Frederick Dallas: I'm sure he wouldn't. Not during a tech rehearsal.
- Dotty Otley: Half a chance, he would!
- Brooke Ashton: Would what?
- Lloyd Fellowes: Glck! Glck! Glck!”