Rejection quotes258 rejection quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I've never done drugs. That's because I saw this stuff literally every day when I was 3 or 4 years old.”
“I've never been one to make plans, because I never wanted to disappoint myself.”
“- Joe: I've got Viagra.
- Myrtle: Oh yeah? Well I’ve got mace.”
“- The Reverend: I will love you and you will learn to love me. It is God's will.
- Joanna: I will kill you.”
“- Georgia: Jonathan, will you marry me?
- Jonathan: Not even a little bit.”
“- Count Cavriaghi: What am I doing here anyway? Concetta doesn't love me.
- Tancredi Falconeri: Did you speak to her?
- Count Cavriaghi: There's no point. I feel like I'm just a worm to her, and she's right. I must find a she-worm who'll put up with me.”
“- Camper #2: Can I go with you?
- Eddie: What are you, my shadow?”
“- Macon Forrester: You're afraid to go out with me because you might actually like me?
- Halley Martin: No... but that's a good theory I guess if you want to protect your fragile male ego because you can't handle rejection.”
“It's okay to tell them no sometimes, too, you know. Moms need to be tough.”
“You lice! You rats! You refuse me? There is no gentler dove in all Babylon than I.”
“- Dot: The guys paid a dollar apiece to find out if you're single.
- Lydia Callahan: Tell the guys I have five husbands, each one rich, mean and jealous. I'll be rotatin' them through on a weekly basis.
- Dot: That line will be all over the valley by breakfast.
- Lydia Callahan: Oh, just tell 'em I own a rifle.”
“- Grandfather: You think you can just drop her into my life then take her away again? I won't allow it! She can't stay here.
- Dete: She's got to, she's your granddaughter.
- Grandfather: No! I don't have a granddaughter, not anymore.”
“- Daniel Cleaver: Come on Bridget, we belong together: you, me, your little skirt. If I can't make it with you then I can't make it with anyone.
- Bridget Jones: That's not a good enough offer for me.”
“- Disco Cabbie: You need to find yourself a man who's secure enough to appreciate you for the superior woman that you are. I like a strong woman.
- Ellie: Oh... yeah. Mm-hmm.
- Disco Cabbie: And you are a strong woman. If I was you, I would pull over with me and celebrate our strength together. What do you think about that, baby?
- Ellie: This...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I can't afford to work for only ten thousand dollars a week.”
“- Massarelli: One last time: are you gay?
- Jane: Yes I am. I bet a lot of women tell you that. But in my case, it happens to be true.”
“I'd hoped Scott would look up to me, run the business of the family, head an evil empire just like his dear old dad, give him my love and the things I never had. Scott would think I was a cool guy, return the love I have, make me want to cry, be evil, but have my feelings too, change my life with Oprah and Maya Angelou. But Scott rejected me,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I was the only actor who never tried to have sex with Linda Darnell, and the only one to have resisted her advances.”